Cat Chapter 45

Hotaru was spared with only a few scratches. Her ear was almost cut off, but she survived without ears being cut. Mitsuri arrived on time before the swordsmith can start destroying things.

Hotaru started running towards the slayers mid chase, so their training turned into avoiding the swordsmith and running for their lives. Shockingly a more effective method to train their agility and speed. Both Urokodaki and Shinjuro surprisingly agreed that they'd let them run around like headless chicken either until Mitsuri arrive or Hotaru was caught. Fortunately for Hotaru, it was the former.

The two are currently on the roof of the butterfly estate. Haganezuka, the bitch fucking climbed like a professional monkey just to chase her. Hotaru realized that she feared the swordsmith more than any demon she knows.

Once they were all seated and calm, Haganezuka pushed the sword he was carrying into her arms. He proceed to ignore her teasing smirk as he grouchily chewed on his Mitarashi Dango.

"Thank the goddess of Dangos, Mitsuri," Hotaru said, reaching for the dango, only for her hand to be slapped away by her dear swordsmith. They aimed each other a glare.

"Just open your goddam sword!" Haganezuka then yelled.

Hotaru gave him a weird look. "Why are you so excited on opening this?" Indeed he looks...excited. Like a kid wanting to open his present from Santa. It's just that the kid is a swordsmith ready to stab anyone who dares harm his creations.

Hotaru briefly wondered what will happen if they make a demon directly broke a sword made by one of the swordsmiths. That would be interesting.

Haganezuka growled, "Just open it."

"Wild motherfucker," she mumbled. He reach for her to strangle her neck, but stopped as she unsheathed the sword in a clean swipe.

Slowly, from the blade from the hilt to the tip, the sword turned silver.

Haganezuka, seemingly already forgetting his previous creation that Hotaru broke, lean forward to observe at the sword with trembling hands just hovering. She look at him weirdly, before leaning closer to also see what he was excited about. Her eyes widen once she realized.

"You're kidding," she gaped, turning the sword in every angle. She even tried sheathing it back to see if something changed.

"It got..darker...?"

With that, Haganezuka threw his arms around her with a loud laugh. "Success! I knew you were special! This is why I love you!"

Somewhere on the training ground, a blond boy with sharp hearing choked on air after hearing the yell. Kyoujuro asked him what was the problem, and he only said that he choked on a fly. The older man blink in confusion and concern.

"Good for you. I love me too," She said, still in daze. As she was used to Mitsuri and Kyoujuro's hugs, she didn't bother removing him clinging and swooning. She squinted at the sheath. "What the fuck is this design? Cockroaches? Really??"

"Those are fireflies, idiot."

Hotaru opened the doors of Shinobu's lab/office with a bang. "Cockroac– oh hey pretty demons," she said, upon noticing the recent demons they got on their side. "How's your stay here?"

Tamayo gave her a pleasant greeting while Yushiro only squinted at her suspiciously. It seems that the two are now comfortably helping the corps, assisting the Kakushi and the medical sector.

Some are still wary and a few even tried slicing their heads (Sanemi), but they were held back by their fellow slayers (Gyomei).

"You're making it sounds like they're visitors, Hotaru-san," Shinobu commented, momentarily glancing up from the medicinal drug she was examining. "What are you doing here anyway?"