Cat Chapter 22

"Hotaru-saaan."

She groaned, sluggishly slapping away the hand poking her.

"Hotaru-saaaan. Wake uuuuup."

"Noooooo..." She moaned. She turn away from the voice, burying her face on her pillow.

"Come oooooon. We need to buy you something to wear." Tengen said, continuing his poking on her head.

"Wear what?" She asked still half asleep. Her face was buried on the pillow, making her voice muffled but Tengen heard it clear as day.

"You need to wear something nice for tonight at the festival." He replied, picking up some of her locks on his hand, watching as they smoothly slid down his fingers. "You don't need any more stuff on your face and hair, but you need a better Kimono. The one you brought last time won't work. You need a nicer one."

Hotaru grumbled, turning her head to look at him properly. He was on Kyoujuro's bed, leaning over to reach her, which is not a lot considering their beds are not that far away. The said owner of bed was nowhere to be seen, Hotaru assuming he's out.

Tengen was in a casual yukata, his hair down and loose. There's no paint on his face either. He looks like a normal human being, except from the fact that he's a large man and can easily crush you with his biceps alone.

"Do I really need to go?" She whined. Doesn't care if she whining, she just wanted to stay asleep. Her body was still sore, her leg was still aching, her will to live was still nonexistent. She feels like shit.

Tengen rolled his eyes. "Yes, think of it as a reward for doing a good job for not dying yesterday." He said dryly.

Hotaru scowled. "Oh yeah! I survived! Love it when I do that."

Tengen deadpan at her but she just waved him off while slowly getting out of bed. He sigh before deciding to just leave her alone. "Meet us at the small restaurant at the next block for lunch. We'll be buying you a kimono after." He said before closing the doot behind him.

Hotaru halted in rubbing her head, looking at the door with a blank face. 'Lunch..?' She turn her head to the window, before looking at the clock on the wall. 'Ahhh... It's already noon...'

She yawned, arms stretched above her to relive the soreness, as she walk towards the bathroom.

Might as well get this over with. It's just a festival anyway. It'll be over in a flash.

Hotaru walk towards the restaurant Tengen was talking about, trying her best to dodge the walking and running along people. Mainly because of not wanting to get hit on her leg, but also because she didn't feel like communicating with strangers today.

She swept her eyes around the restaurant, trying to caught sight of a certain fiery blond hair. There's no way no one will notice that hair. It was so bright you can't miss it.

And this restaurant is a bit dull, lacking in colors, so she's sure to find him sooner or later.

"UMAI!"

'And there he is.' She thought, seeing him laughing with Tengen on a large table. He seems to have noticed her walking towards them as he perked up and wave at her happily. Hotaru can't help the small smile playing at her lips.

She stare at the numerous things on the table, before staring at their faces. "It's noon."

"Yeah." Tengen nodded.

"And you're drinking sake." She deadpan.

"It's fine, it's fine." Tengen wave her off, much like she did earlier. "We have high tolerance, we won't get wasted that easily."