Cat Chapter 8

"I'll take you down!! Your in my way!!!" The boar masked man, fucking Inosuke, charged at Hotaru.

The woman unsheated her sword from her back and blocked the dual swords of the boar man that came down on her head. She pushed the swords back a bit enough for her to jump back and put some distance between them.

"Shit." She whispered. Can't she just be left alone so she can get some sleep? Or maybe shift into a cat and find Tanjiro and sleep? Or just get out of here and sleep with Nezuko? Aghh, of all the things, why does she needs to meet this boar head first?

The man charged at her once again. She didn't bother lifting her arm to block his attacks, just dodging his swings by side stepping and saying from side to side. It's not like she's showing off or anything. She's just too tired to make any effort of moving her arms.

That seems to irritate the boar man though.

"I'll destroy you weakling!!" He roared. His swings became more swift and precise.

Hotaru cocked an eyebrow. "Weakling?" She repeated. He managed to scratch her cheek, and tear a sleeve of her haori, but that was it.

"That's not how you should speak to your superiors, shitstain."

Her movements became faster, becoming lighter on her feet and much more agile, even to Inosuke. She sheated her blade on her back before sliding to a stop behind him.

He froze when he felt arms wrapping around his torso.

He was hoisted up.

"Get out of my sight, asswipe!!"

He was thrown out of the room just like that. Just in time for the room to change once again into a different one.

Hotaru groaned, slumping on the ground bonelessly. She just felt her stitches re-open, goddammit.

Ten minutes later with Zenitsu,

He lead the nervous kid in front of the room. He was just nervous and trembling just like the kid, but much more obvious.

"I-Is it this way?!" He trembled before opening the door.

A man had their back facing them. He was shirtless and has animal fur as the top of his pants. There seems to be fur on his head too.

He turned around and they were faced with a boar head. More like, a boar mask. He seems to be annoyed by the steam coming out from the mask. How is that possible anyway.

"Monster!!" Zenitsu screamed. He ducked screaming when the boar boy suddenly lunged at their direction.

He passed them, going around the terrified blond to somewhere down the hallways. The two left behind watch as smoke trailed after him, before the smaller one gave a look to the kneeling pathetically person.

"What's with that look?! Don't look at me like that!!"

'It really does automatically collects blood once stabbing into something...' Tanjiro thought, holding up the blade like syringe Yushiro gave him to collect demon's blood. It really amaze him how nimble Yushiro's hands are in making things.

"Meow~"

He perked up. "Hotaru-san–?" He spun around hopefully but deflated once he saw that the cat was not the vulgar woman.

"Ah, you're here to take this where Tamayo-san is?" He spoke, placing the syringe inside the small bag on the cat. He gave it a small pat. "Thank you, be careful."

The cat disappeared and he can only wonder where the shapeshifting woman is.

Hotaru has been walking for thirty minutes now.