Cat Chapter 1

He was no older than nine when they first wandered into her domain. She was laying by her tree, soaking up the sunlight, minding her own business when her ear twitched. She lifted her head up, deadpaning at two small heads peaking up from behind a bush.

Kamado Tanjiro and Kamado Nezuko. She groaned.

Of fucking course. She internally sigh.

She plopped back down the ground with no intention of paying them any mind or what so ever. Maybe if they found her boring and didn't peaked their interest they'll just go away. Yeah, that's more like it. They would leave her alone and she can continue lazing without any worry.

That was she thought until the soft paddle of footsteps reached her ears. And they're coming closer.

Aw shit

She stilled. Maybe if she pretend she's dead they'll go away. Yeah, oh god she HATE kids. They're annoying and without doubt would scream right through your ear. They have this habbit of making a total mess either by their wailing, crying, screaming, or all of what was said. They would be a constant pain which was troublesome.

I swear to whatever god there is if they try anything funny I'll rip their limbs off-

She froze when a small hand patted her head softly. Not the hold that they'll rip your furr off, but the delicate touch that shouldn't be from a child. She peak open a single eye to peer up to the boy.

"Konichiwa, Neko-san." Tanjiro said politely, too polite for a nine year old. He turned to his sister looking at her curiously. "Here, Nezuko. This is how you should pet them." He beamed. The little girl beam back.

A minute later, she found herself unconsciously purring as the human boy scratch her behind the ears. Despite her hate to children, before she was considering her opinion if she shouldl let them leave with some unintentional scratches for disturbing her nap time, but now she might let them leave without scratches as long as they won't ever return. She have no intention of ruining the plot. She have no intention of saving them all and being the hero. In fact, she had no intention of living here at all.

She was a human before. A normal girl that blends in to everyone and that girl who no one remembers. She's extremely plain with dark hair, brown eyes and medium skin. Her life was plain and simple. A single child from a normal parents, went to school with average grades, a few friends here and there. Then died in a car crash. Typical.

Maybe the gods are playing with her, first giving her a normal and boring life, making her die in the age of 16, resurrecting her as a cat, which is alright to her since cats can laze around all their lives, but in a fictional world where demons exists. And now after almost a year, she just realized that she was living just near the main character in the making.

She liked Kimetsu no yaiba, yes, like all the other anime she watched and manga she had read. But she doesn't want to be reincarnated, or reborn, or whatever, here. Right where a main character lives. If before she wanted a life with unexpected twist and turns, now she just wanted to live normally, because not living normally in this world either means demons, work, or death. She don't like demons, work is a no, and she doesn't want to die again.

'I'll can consider death later though.' She purred, tail swinging lazily behind her.

Her eye cracked open when they stood up, strangely missing the warmth of the child's hand. He bowed low, his sister copying his movement. "We'll be going now, Neko-san." He said before he took his sister's hand and walking away.

The feline still found it strange whenever someone greeted her like what he did, like she was a godly being or something. But from what she knew from Japan was that black cats are a sign of good luck.