Cat Chapter 29

"Yo. How's your suffering today?" Hotaru asked, sitting on the ground beside him with her legs stretched in front of her.

They were currently on a random roof, miles away from the Wisteria house they're staying at to avoid any suspicion and prying eyes from demons and fellow slayers. The beautiful view of the setting sun was a plus.

"Perfect, now that you're here." Sanzo said, taking a swig of his drink. Hotaru didn't bother questioning where it came from, or what was it. "You'll be scouting the town in a few hours, right?Let's make this quick."

"Have you ever heard of the name Maiden Savior?"

She tensed, sharp eyes glancing at his equally tensed form. "You knew about her." She said.

"Yeah."

"And she might be..."

"One of us." He finished.

"The Maiden Savior," Sanzo continued, "the one who defeated beasts and demons to save a whole town decades ago. It was the town you went on a mission with Rengoku-san and Uzui-san. But she also saved citizens from other different villages, taking down too much demons a normal person can't." He said, looking at her seriously.

She gave him a glare. "And why are you telling me this?"

"I heard she was spotted on a village just two days ago."

Hotaru bit her lip as thoughts swirled around her head. This person, disappearing after saving lives of many decades ago, and was now spotted on a village. Well damn isn't that just dramatically suspicious.

"Do you have more information on her?" She asked. Maybe she could find her during her missions. If they know more information, obviously, the search will be much easier.

Sanzo shook his head grimly, making her click her tongue. "Unfortunately no. The crows only heard of spotting her on the village." He glance at her sharply. "This is where your mission comes."

Hotaru unconsciously straightened up.

"Your current mission with Iguro-san and Kanroji-san here on the village is where our dear Maiden was spotted." He said, a matching excited smirk slowly sliding on their faces. "Make sure to find her and bring her back, and the chances of saving everyone will surely increase."

"You said she was seen here two days ago, what if she's already gone then?"

"But she wouldn't have gone far by this night. The crows would have seen her. We could easily catch up to her, you're fast right?" He sigh, downing the whole bottle of his drink in one go.

She smirk, feeling more confident by that small trust. "Of course."

Hotaru paused. "Wait, what if she's not really one of us?" She asked.

"Weeeellll," He groaned, standing up and stretching his limbs. "Still bring her in then. The goal is to save them, not to find more like us."

She grinned, following his lead as they went back to the Wisteria house. "Got it. Make sure to be there once I find her, Madara."

"Shut up with the Madara and get out of my sight."

"Cranky. You're also in your man period too?"

"I thought we only need to hunt down one demon!" Mitsuri yelped, dodging a swing of a large demon almost towering over her.

"Oi what the fuck, slimy snake!" Hotaru hissed.

"Why are you blaming me?!" Obanai hissed back, rushing to Mitsuri's aid after cleanly slicing two demon's neck.