Cat Chapter 47

"You want me to what?" Tengen deadpanned.

"Come on, just once a few days is enough. You can still go on missions and spend time with your  wives," Hotaru said.

He look around them, like he's expecting someone to hear their conversation, before looking down on her seriously. "If I'm gonna accept, then we'll be doing it for hours without stop. You know I always do things flamboyantly."

"Yeah, I'm aware." Her eye involuntarily twitched. What the fuck is this...

"Then I hope Rengoku-san won't get mad for–"

"The fUCK you saying now? I'm asking you to train me, why does it looks like you're talking about fornicating or something?"

"I'm surprised you know what that word means."

She scoffed, "I read a lot. I'm surprised YOU know–"

"If I'm gonna train you, then we should refrain from straying away from topic," he said with a grimace. Hotaru, upon realizing their mistake, also look away with a scowl. Indeed they're getting distracted easily.

Although it's almost been a week since she woke up, Shinobu still won't let her go to missions. Her ribs and bones do ache sometimes, but it's enough to let her go to missions. But since Shinobu is too stubborn to let her, Hotaru figured that training more won't be bad. Besides, that's what she needs right now. More training to get stronger. At least strong enough to defeat or hold back an uppermoon.

"Fine," she huffed, turning her back to him to walk away. "I'll come back tomorrow if you're available. I suppose I can do once or twice a week to avoid getting on your schedule–"

She was slung over the flamboyant man's shoulder the next second.

"We are gonna train now," he declared, walking to the back of his estate, carrying her like she was nothing. Which made sense since he is a head or two taller than her. And he is fuckig ripped.

Hotaru scowled. "I just finished training. Can't a lady have a break?"

"We know that you're too rough to be called a lady," he said with a snort. She was contemplating to kick his head right there. "Starting today, I want you to be here exactly at dawn. You'll train for fifteen hours everyday, until the end of the week where I'll stop training you. Got it?"

"Wait, I'll train everyday for what hours–?!"

"Yes I'm glad you understand. Now let's get started flamboyantly! A hundred push-up with me on your back!"

Cue muffled screaming.

"Can't you get down for just five minutes?!" Hotaru snapped, her arms barely holding her up and the humongous shit still sitting on her back even after two hours.

The sun had long set. It's now only a few hours before midnight. Tengen had switched from training her with speed to her leg muscles, to her reflexes and stamina.

Unfortunately for Hotaru, Tengen really did not gave her a break. The moment she straightened up after the push-ups, she already have pounds of rocks chained onto her ankles as makeshift weights to get dragged like a fucking prisoner.

It was just the first day, but she wanted to bash her face into a boulder already. She didn't know that Tengen is much more of a slave driver than Sanemi. And that man trains harder than any other.

"It's because speed is my strongest point. I am the fastest and most flamboyant Hashira," was what he said.

Hotaru knows that of course. He is the sound Hashira after all.