Cat Chaper 7

"I can smell blood." Tanjiro said.

The three, four if you count Nezuko, stood in front of a mansion like house, that was strangely in the middle of a forest in a mountain. Tanjiro and Zenitsu was staring at the house while Hotaru was behind them, trying her best not to fall asleep.

'Not now, kitty.' She yawned.

"You smell something?" Zenitsu asked the other boy.

"Something I've never smelled before.." He answered quietly.

"That was probably the Marechi." Hotaru mumbled without any thought.

Zenitsu look at her confused. "The what?"

He was answered with a long yawn.

"Well, do you hear that sound?" Zenitsu asked, figuring that he won't be getting answers from the woman anytime soon. He cup a hand to his ear. "Also, were all going to work together, after all?" He added.

Hotaru then started walking to the right straight to the bushes.

"Sound?" Tanjiro blink. Then he noticed the woman. "Hotaru-san?"

'They're much hidden from what I remembered.' She thought, softening her features from a scowl to a neutral one. Slowly, she parted the bushes to reveal two kids.

"K-kids.." Zenitsu stuttered wide eyed.

Hotaru crouch down. "Hey kids, what are you doing here?" She asked surprisingly gently.

But the kids looks more terrified than before.

'I'm not that scary, right..?' She deadpaned.

A small chirp was heard above her. The sparrow was jumping up and down on her head and waving it's wings, like it was dancing. Her and Tanjiro's crow landed on her shoulders and started booping their heads. The birds looks like they're doing their own musical.

"I'm not allowing you guys to do that everyday, got it?" She said to the still dancing birds.

That seems to calm down the kids though. The kids slowly stumped on the ground, but still holding each other tightly.

Tanjiro approaches them carefully and crouches beside Hotaru. "What happened? Is that house over there your home?" He asked gently.

The older one seems to tighten his hold to his sister. "No.. It's not.." He croaked before starting crying. "It's the home of the monster."

"Explain, kid." Hotaru said, standing up and rubbing her head tiredly as the birds flew off somewhere. She crack her neck with a sigh.

"Our brother was captured by the monster. We were traveling during the night.." The kid started. Hotaru made a face. Why would you travel at night? "The monster came but it ignored the two of us and only took our brother away."

"The monster entered the house over there?" Tanjiro pointed. The kids nodded. "So the two of you followed it all the way here? That's impressive. You guys are very strong." Tanjiro smiled at them gently.

"And also very stupid." Hotaru had interject.

"Hotaru-san..." Tanjiro warned.

Hotaru narrowed her eyes at him before looking away. She blame the attitude towards the lack of sleep.

"We were following our brother's trail.. He's hurt.." The kid continued, more fat tears coming down his cheeks.

"Don't worry. I'll defeat the monster and rescue your brother." Tanjiro reassured like Hotaru's bitching before was normal. It kinda is.