Cat Chapter 17

The two avoided speaking to each other the whole time they were heading to their mission on a small town. They didn't have to speak, they don't have anything to say anyway. And they don't like each other.

But they don't hate each other. Nah. Hate is such a strong word.

Hotaru cannot ever hate Shinaguzawa Sanemi. He's a major asshole, but she can never hate him. She had seen him cry for his leader. She had seen him beg for his little brother, the only person he had left. She had seen him defending his fellow Hashira friends.

Sanemi dislike her in general. She had crashed into their meeting without any consent. She had shown clear disrespect to him and to the other Hashiras, and has the nerve to curse right in front of Oyakata-sama.

She had brought the demon girl along with the hard headed kid. That thing was enough to put her on his dislike persons. She even tried screwing with him during the actual Hashira meeting, and she was totally disrespectful, right in front of Oyakata-sama.

He saw how the others were ready to lunge at her at any moment. If Rengoku didn't got a hold of her first, he was sure the others would have snapped her spine right on the spot. Rengoku is strong, he can hold her in place. But he didn't shut her up, that little flammable thing.

Though, he was impressed by her speed when she snatched away the demon girl. She had caught him off guard that made him let go of the box. But there's no way he would admit that.

He also saw how fast she had shifted as she was being restrained. He knew of Sanzo, he's his drinking buddy since he can hold his alcohol pretty well. So he was used to seeing someone shifting from a human to animal, and vice versa.

But Sanzo can't shift that fast. He would need at least five seconds, but she did it for almost like in an instant. That's speed.

Oyakata-sama had told them the meeting after, that Hotaru is a special case. Urokodaki Sakonji had requested for her before to take a special exam to test her ability, ability as a slayer and as a shifter. Though, they were all surprised to what the former Hashira had said.

"It may not seems like it, because of how idiotic and careless she may act, but I have seen it for myself."

"Urokodaki Hotaru is a genius, and may be a hidden prodigy."

"She had been with me for a year as a seemingly normal house cat. During that time, she had always been with me, even when I do my everyday patrol."

"But two months prior after her first shifting, she managed to create her own breath style."

Oyakata-sama was doubtful too, him never actually witnessing the said exam like some of them (It was Giyuu who had witnessed the exam, since he was an apprentice of Urokodaki Sakonji, and joined by, surprisingly, Obanai). But he wanted to take on the former water Hashira's words, so he believed. They can't help but be wary about her though.

Yeah, with her slouch, and her heavy, lazy, grumpy scowl, she doesn't seems like one.

But Sanemi wasn't that impressed, even after learning that she had created her breath style after a few months. Muichiro is a prodigy, and he's still a kid. This woman is already an adult. So what, other than that, is special about her?

So, of course, overwhelmed by curiosity, he requested a mission with her.

The two arrived at the town, the first thing they did was find a place to stay. They would be staying there for a while, after all.

A pair of married couple living near the middle of the town gladly took them in. Unfortunately, they have to share a room. But it's better than sharing one bed.