Cat Chapter 24

This chapter is like... I don't know anymore.. Please forgive Hotaru and her soul. And mine.

"Alright, enough training for now." Hotaru called, earning weak cheers of relief from the boys. "Keep up the breathing though." They groaned once again, but continued anyway.

They limped to the engawa, picking up each of their sandwiches and savoring them in a placid manner. They have three sandwiches each, that doesn't mean they're not gonna slowly eat it to savor it. It's not that Hotaru doesn't make them snacks, it's just that her foods are just that delicious.

"By the way, pork chop." Said pork chop look up from his food to the creator of said food, who was running her fingers through the dozing Nezuko's hair. "Why do you keep saying that Kyoujuro's gonna eat me? Are you saying that..." She trailed off, slowly raising an eyebrow.

Inosuke just deadpanned at her, then narrow his eyes. "I'm saying that he'll eat you. I bet he'll start at your hands then your foot then he'll..." He shudders before he was clinging at her shoulders once again, hugging her head. "I won't let him eat you! No way!!"

'Ahh, I see...'

It wasn't too hard holding him up since she's already sitting, but that doesn't mean he's not heavy so she still swayed a bit.

"Calm your loud ass, no ones gonna eat anyone." She patted his leg but paused. "Except demons and cannibals, but I'm sure he's not either. He loves potatoes too much for that."

When she look down at the other boys, Tanjiro strangely looks attentive while Zenitsu looks really red.

"Why are you asking about that, Hotaru-san?" Tanjiro asked. He found it strange that she would still ask. Inosuke means what he says, and it's being eaten. What more could she be saying?

Hotaru gave him a long look, then at the confused Inosuke, then at the crimson faced Zenitsu.

She sigh. "C'mer, I need to talk to you about something." She said, waving a hand. The boys went to sit in front of her, Zenitsu already looking red and green at the same time.

She started painfully slow, "Do you know where babies come from?"

"From their mothers." Tanjiro and Zenitsu said, the latter slowly turning redder if that's possible.

"They're made." Inosuke said proudly.

Hotaru nodded, feeling the inevitable dread. "And do you know how babies are made?"

Tanjiro and Inosuke didn't. Zenitsu looks like he's ready to explode in red.

'Well at least one of them knows.' Hotaru thought dryly. 'Wonderful. Can't believe it's me who's gonna give The Talk. Why me??'

She sigh, about to begin the wonderful discussion of babies and genitals, when she froze.

Ever so slowly, she look down at the girl who had her head on her lap.

Nezuko blink at her curiously.

Poor Hotaru groaned.

Kanao blink.

Hotaru blink back.

The older woman crouch down, looking at the girl straight in the eyes and spooking her.

"Kanao..." She said slowly. "Do you know where babies come from?"

Kanao stare blankly for a minute, processing what she asked. Then red exploded on her face.

"I-I-Wh-Ho-I-"

Hotaru's shoulder slumped, both in relief and in pity. She stood back straight with a sigh, before patting the stuttering girl's head as she passed her.