Cat Chapter 28

"Hey, you two." Tanjiro called blinking as he squinted at the distance where three figures stood. "Stop yelling, Zenitsu, Inosuke!" He said louder when the two didn't stop blickering.

He smack their heads, finally shutting them up.

"Owww why did you do that, Tanjirooo." Zenitsu whined while clutching his head.

"Do you want me to hit you harder?! Hah?!"

He ignored them in favor of pointing at the figures. "Isn't that Hotaru-san?"

The two froze, before looking at the direction he was pointing at.

Indeed it was Hotaru, waiting patiently with her arms crossed. Behind her are two other familiar people.

The three look at each other, before Zenitsu and Inosuke sprinted.

"Wha– ZENITSU! INOSUKE!" The remaining boy cried in shock.

"THE LAST ONE IS THE LOSER!!" Inosuke cackled.

"I'M NOT LOSING TO YOU, DAMN BOAR!!" Zenitsu screeched.

Hotaru watch in amusement as the three panted with Tanjiro giving the other two dirty looks. Obanai scoffed behind her, making her remember why they are waiting for them in the first place.

"Hey little shits, I know you just came back, but I'll be away on a mission for a few days. You better behave and take care of yourselves." She said, patting their heads.

"Hotaru-saaaan." They whined, making Obanai roll his eyes in impatience. Mitsuri only giggled.

"Don't 'Hotaru-saaan' me. You'll also have a mission after this, so it's not like you're gonna get locked inside the estate." She snorted, and the three teens cheered.

She took Inosuke's mask off, earning a screech from him, before ruffling his hair roughly then immediately slamming the mask on once again.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" Inosuke screamed.

"I felt like I need to do it." She shrugged. "Go back now. Tell my damn crow to meet me up soon. Shoo. Or I won't make you casseroles when I get back."

And it worked.

"It worked?" Mitsuri blink, watching as Tanjiro drag the other screaming two back to the butterfly estate.

Hotaru shrugged. "Tanjiro loves his casseroles." She said, cracking her neck with a sigh.

"We're wasting out time. Let's go." Obanai said, walking past the women, his partner snake Kabumaru hissing in agreement.

They immediately followed, Hotaru looking a bit dumbfounded.

"Is he on his man period today?" She muttered.

Obanai ignored it, in favor of hearing Mitsuri giggling.

Their mission was surprisingly a simple one. They only need to hunt down one demon. But it's also complicated due to the fact that the demon they're supposed to hunt could be a lower moon. And was said to be turning into different creatures to hunt every night.

Hotaru would be suspicious about the demon being a shifter, which means a reincarnate like her, but it was immediately crossed out the moment she learned that he can even turn different people as well.

It should be the demon's secret blood art.

"So it's been two days since Nakamura-san had been turned into a turtle..." Mitsuri said in worry.

"Matasu-san is still a rat since yesterday." Obanai added.

Hotaru grimace. 'Poor Matasu. Hope he isn't being disposed yet.'