Cat Chapter 40

Injuries are common for being a Demon Slayer. Being poisoned, having fractured bones, severed limbs, battered bodies, and carrying the corpse of a friend is not uncommon. Though it's a different matter as a Hashira.

The Hashira are the pillars, the symbol of strength and power of the organization. They cannot be disposed easily. Thus, they are the reason why the junior slayers haven't completely wavered from their duty.

It's been a few weeks since Kyoujuro woke up. The whole corps was informed just in three days, and most are glad that their Flame Hashira is alive.

Well, now a former Hashira.

Sanzo came to him as soon as he woke up, dropping the bomb of his former title seeing that he can't fight anymore in his condition. Despite the solem looks Tanjiro and the others are giving, Kyoujuro accepted it easily. That shocked them of course. They would at least expect him to be a little upset since he can't fight demons and protect others anymore.

Despite their protests, Kyoujuro kept his word of training the teens who came to the mission with him, Genya and Kanao included. They cannot stop his absolute determination and stubbornness of training them, so Shinjuro and Urokodaki helped him instead.

Their training wasn't that extraordinary to the three boys, seeing as how it's just Hotaru's usual training with a little more intensity. Kanao and Genya can't say the same though.

Urokodaki altered Hotaru's training to focus more on their reflexes and speed, while the two older blonds made their training more into stamina and agility. That means hours of training without breaks.

And then Sanzo got a wonderful idea.

"Urokodaki-san," He sang as he came to them with a wave, a broad smile on his face, "Rengoku-san, and–uh, the other Rengoku-san."

"Sanzo-san," Urokodaki also greeted. "What brings you here?"

He chuckled, the smile still remaining on his face. "I have a surprise, and a favor. I hope you don't mind," He said happily.

"Why is that I have a bad feeling about your smile, Sanzo-san?" Kyoujuro said, stopping beside them with a laugh.

Sanzo took a short glance down, his smile flattering a bit seeing the man now supporting himself with a walking stick, reminding him of what occured during his last mission. Kyoujuro wasn't fully healed yet. In fact, he shouldn't be walking around and training kids like what he's doing now.

He forced his smile back on when he remember why he was there in the first place.

"Well, since you're already training some of your juniors, might as well train all of them," He said happily.

The three former Hashiras blink. "What?"

Tanjiro's group tried stopping from training to see what the commotion was about, but one glare from Shinjuro and they returned to their push-ups.

Inosuke sneered at the older man, and was about to square up if Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Genya didn't tackled him on the ground. Kanao only giggled at them, amused by the scene.

They all halted when they heard sets of footsteps, only to look up and see Sanzo presenting dozens of fellow demon slayers cheekily. Their mentors' jaws dropped after seeing how many there were. They're at least a third of their division.

"Alright, you guys," Sanzo called to the slayers. "Here in the butterfly estate will be your first stop. Once you finish, you'll be finding Iguro-san around the southwest forest as your training to him. He'll instruct you next where you're next location will be."