Cat Chapter 25

"Hashira-sama!" Someone from behind her called.

Shinobu turn around with her usual smile, seeing Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke, or who the other Hashiras call Hotaru's brats, running towards her with panicked expressions.

"Call me Shinobu please," She said, noting their controlled breathing, even in distress. They're getting accustomed to it, which is good. And they're healing nicely, Zenitsu's limbs are almost fully regrown. Still, they should be resting, which is the opposite of what they're doing now. They look so distressed. "What's wrong?"

"Shinobu-san, have you seen Hotaru-san?" Tanjiro asked. She shook her head no, which earned more panic from the trio.

"We can't find Hotaru-san!" Zenitsu bawled, almost close to breaking down crying.

Shinobu cocked her head to the side, her smile flattering a bit. "Maybe she's on a mission?" She guessed.

"But her haori and nichirin are with Nekudon!" Inosuke flail his arms around. Shinobu recognized the green scarf wrapped around his hand. It was the scarf Hotaru got from Urokodaki.

"I can't sniff her out." Tanjiro uttered.

"I can't hear her anywhere either..." Zenitsu whimpered.

Shinobu frowned worriedly. It's not normal for the woman shifter not to inform any of her brats whenever going for a mission. It's unlike her to worry them either. Even if she's just gonna relax on the roofs, or train on the mountains, she'll always inform them.

'Or maybe she's...'

"Hmm, we'll try asking to others then. Maybe they saw her." Shinobu smiled reassuringly, turning around and gesturing for them. "Follow me, please."

The children followed her, and Shinobu was honestly hoping that the older woman wasn't kidnapped or anything. Or was it catnapped?

"No, I haven't seen her today." Sanemi replied after adjusting his haori. "Why?"

Shinobu started, "Well she's–"

"She's missing! Why do you think we're asking, huh, scarface?!" Inosuke shouted, shoving Hotaru's scarf right at his face.

'Ahhh...' Shinobu smiled. 'He's Hotaru's brat alright.'

"Respect your elders, you pig!" Sanemi roared.

"Okay, boomer–"

"Inosuke!" Tanjiro screamed.

"AH AHAHA I THINK WE GOT OUR ANSWER THANKS HASHIRA-SAMA!!" Zenitsu screeched, slapping a hand on Inosuke's mouth before dragging him and Tanjiro away into a corner out of their sight.

"They really are her brats," Sanemi muttered darkly, glaring at the corner where the kids had turned. Well at least he has a new motivation on beating up demons on his mission. "I'll bring her back if I ever stumble into her or somethin'."

Shinobu's smile widen. "What's this, Shinazugawa-san. Are you worried? Are you perhaps getting soft?" She teased.

He shrugged. "Perhaps I am."

She look at him suprised, before her smile slowly came back on her face. "Good luck then. And be careful."

"Thanks."

"Kanroji-san, Iguro-san, have you seen Hotaru-san anywhere?"

Obanai turned to them sharply. "We have not–"

"Is Hotaru-san missing?!" Mitsuri asked, being the precious girl she is.

Obanai sigh in irritation as her attention was now diverted to the three brats, who answered her question, instead of their food. He likes to call it a secret date.