Chapter 45 - Goodbye for good

"Hey Jackie," I smiled walking back into the room where he was still resting despite his complaints about having to stay behind earlier he was still too weak to come with us but now there was far more colour back in his handsome face something that filled me with relief.

"Hello Celie Luv," He greeted propping himself up on his elbow in the bed. "Find anything good?"

I threw the golden ring at him he fumbled a little but caught it quickly. He examined it carefully before sliding it onto the one bare finger he had from the ring he gave me as a wedding ring.

I glanced at my wedding ring, the gold and emerald still as shiny as they had been the day Jack had given it to me.
"You still like it?" Jack questioner glancing at the ring that had once been his.

"Of course I do Jackie," I said sitting down next to him as he sat up behind me. "You gave it to me after all."

He examined the various rings on my fingers some I had found on my own, others we had stolen together.
"I don't think I ever noticed these before," he said tracing the pad of his thumb over my knuckles. There were various small scars smattered about them in all direction some easier to see than others. "Nor can I think of when you got them."

"It was when you were dead," I answered. "I may have punched a tree...many times. I would've kept going if it wasn't for Ngaio." I sighed.

"Doesn't matter now Luv, we're back together no matter how many times one of us nearly dies referring to the incident on The Flying Dutchman that occurred not long after Jack's own return from the dead.

"Aye, but it would be nicer if we could both stop nearly dying on what seems to be becoming a regular basis." I laughed.

"Aye Celie, I'll try."

There was a small knock on the door.
"You two better the decent the kids are with me!" Ngaio called a the door was nudged open.

"Relax Gaia, if we weren't you would have known before you reached the door," I teased. Jack and I both laughed at the confused faces of the twins. It was obvious my joke had flown way over their heads as it should do if I didn't I would be more concerned.

"Celeste Sparrow I swear I need to wash your mouth out with soap," Ngaio declared.

"Oh come on that's tame to half the things I've said to you before!"

"You're simply proving my point Cel." Ngaio laughed.

"I don't see anything wrong," Jack piped up.

"Only because you're just as bad! Anyway, you're taking far too off track. We need to decide what we're doing with Angelica and her crew,"

The mood instantly crashed to the ground.
"We can't hold them in the brig forever and I don't know how happy I would be with setting them free."

"I'm going to talk to Angelica," I decided slowly letting myself out of Jacks grip.

I headed out the door not really waiting for any sort of response. I was well familiar with the brig of this ship. One of his most common punishments would be locking me in there for a few days at a time without food for the lost part though Will's father would often sneak me some. He was the only person on the ship who was ever really remotely kind to me.

"Didn't think I'd see you down here." Angelica's voice came like nails on chalkboard.

"I suggest you shut it. You're already on thin ice for what you did to Jack," I spat.

"That bullet was meant for you not him," She returned.

"It mat surprise you to know that does not help your case in the slightest," I announced sitting down opposite Angelica. She glared at me through the moss covered bars and I stared back with a superior force.

"Now," I rested my hands on my knees "The Captain is deciding what he should do with all of you and I wanted to have a little chat to help with that decision," I explained.

In one cell was Angelica and in the other were the rest of her crew.
"Are there any other maps to the treasure?" I asked Angelica directly.

"Now why would I tell you that?" She questioned spitefully.

"Well I was thinking perhaps you valued that thing called your bloody like but apparently not."

I stood up and turned my attention to the rest of the sorry lot in the other cell.
"How about you lot, huh?" I stepped closer to the bars. "I'll let you in on a little secret you should be more afraid of me than her. So does anyone want to tell me if there are any other maps or papers talking about the treasure. If you help me you may leave with your life," I offered.

They looked amongst themselves uncertain for a moment before one stepped forward with a few papers in hand.
"These are all that we have." He handed them through the bars.
"That's the truth, miss," another one chimed. He didn't look very old at at all. Not much more than twenty perhaps. Out of the whole group he stood out like a sore thumb, the lack of scars and jewellery showed as much. As j surveyed the lot it was easy to distinguish the leaders and those who had simply got too far in over their heads. For some glared at the man who had helped and other looked relieved that they hadn't had to be the ones to do it.

Deciding I had what I needed I headed back above deck ignoring the calls directed at me as I left.
"Find anything that might help us?" Will asked as he spotted me emerge.

"I think so, Angelica cannot be trusted though that much was obvious to begin with. I'm pretty sure at this point she will do nearly anything to get back at me. Some of her little crew can be trusted but only a few. I think they could be set free and never be any trouble."

"Aye, I saw that too." Will agreed. "I had tried talking to them before. Only a small few seemed to want to talk but they were kept in check by the others who still looked to Angelica for guidance."

So that's where we went from there. First of was the largest part of the who we left to fend for themselves on one of the remote islands we knew. The fate for Angelica was worse than theirs not that she knew it yet.

We were heading as far north as possible until the lands were coated in ice and snow that would be her fate for all that she's done.

"Move it," I pushed her forwards off across the land far away from the ship.

"You know I'll get away, I did it last time," She declared.

"Yes but last time there wasn't a chance of you freezing to death. Nor the chance of a polar bear attack. So honestly your chances aren't great."

"Or maybe I could kill you now and take your ship," She suggested turning to face me with a grin on her face still walking backwards.

"Don't push it," I warned.

"What're you going to do?" She challenged ,revealing her unbound hands, one holding a knife. "Stab me?"

Without second thought I dived at her snatching the blade twisting around and ramming it through her hand and straight into the large ice mountain behind her. I drove it in as far it would go as she cried in oain unsurprisingly.

She glared at me half angry half surprised.

"You challenged me to stab you you should have seen it coming. Now I hope I never see you again. I would say it was a pleasure meeting you and whilst it was for a time, you were actually quite nice, it certainly isn't now so have fun with the polar bears!" I waved over my shoulder and headed back to the Dutchman

"So let me get this straight," Ngaio began shooting me a confused look. "Instead of just knocking her out or disappearing from her. You stabbed her into an ice wall?"

"Yeah that's about right," I confirmed.

"Why!" Will and Ngaio questioned together.

"Because she challenged me," I returned.

"And how exactly did she do that Luv when she had her hands tied behind her back?"

"Well for one, this is Angelica we're talking about she's doesn't stay tied for long and two she literally said 'what're you going to do? Stab me?"

"....fair enough."