Chapter 55: Final Destination

The next morning I was the last to wake...well almost. Jack was still asleep limbs tangled up with line beneath the thin blanket half-covering us and half bundled up into a mess. His bandana laid askew over his forehead and some of his dreadlocks had fallen in front of his face.

I smiled lightly at my husband glad to see him more peaceful than last night. I shuffled across and kissed him finally stirring him from his sleep.

"Morning Jackie," I whispered, my lips ghosting over his.

"Morning Celie," He grinned as his hand slipped around my waist pulling me closer. "Feeling better?" He questioned closing the space between us more.

"Much better," I snuggled into his chest enjoying the peace and quiet. "I mean I've still got this headache that comes and goes but other than that, I'm fine."

"Are you talking about an actual headache or the twins, Domino and Alaris?" He questioned with furrowed brows. I laughed lightly shaking my head.

"Bit of both, I think," I sighed dragging myself from the warmth and comfort of the bed.

"Oi, where you off to?" Jack complained.

"Well I don't know if you recall Jackie but we did find the chest that contains the final map we need to find Blackbeard's treasure," I pointed out dragging him out of bed and pulling him close to me.

"Aye I do recall something about a fancy gold chest but it's a little hard to focus with you about," He charmed with a grin. His hand snuck around my waist and he tried to pull me back to bed.

"Well let me assist you in your endeavour to recall it," I slipped from his grasp and laughed at the noise of complaint he let out as I left the room. "Come on Jackie," I called after him as I adjusted my hat on my head.

I half leapt down the stairs from eagerness and nearly crashed into Gibbs on the way.

"Celeste! Thank God, I can't put up with that lots any longer," He cried looking very frustrated.

"Oh come on Mister Gibbs they're not that bad," I half-laughed at the agitated pirate.

"I beg to differ," He challenged. "Whilst you were out, Jack told Scrum to hide the chest so the rascals couldn't get to it you and him coils have a look but then..." He trailed off with a pained expression.

"Then what Gibbs?" I asked with rising concern.

"Then they found the rum Milady. They've been holdin' hostage for about an hour," Scrum cut in.

"They what!?" I exclaimed. "How'd they find it? I specifically hid that in the hardest to find spot on this entire bloody ship!"

"Methodically, apparently the four have been up since sunrise going over every single of the ship until they found it," Gibbs explained. "I've tried but they keep threatening to throw it overboard.

I throttled down the wooden steps half tripping over as I raced towards the four threatening to dispose of literally the most precious cargo aboard this ship. When I finally found the small nook on the lowest deck of the ship. I stopped in my tracks as I saw the many barrels of rum stacked on top of each other and an old cannon aimed at it with Storm and Atlas stood by. Storm was carrying a box of matches which she rattled with a malicious grin on her face.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, we will," Storm grinned to the point where any normal person would be concerned. Me? I was proud although very angry that the canon was aimed at the rum!

"Well that's if you don't let us have the chest," Atlas added rolling a cannonball under his boot.

"It's simple give us the chest and we won't shoot," Alaris cut in.