Chapter 37 - The Fountain

(A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while I'll try to update regularly again)
Every step was uneasy as we clambered down the steep rocky slope before plunging into the water once again. Jack and I lead the group until we came to the dead-end we were looking for.

"I'm starting to think you don't know where you're going Jack," Angelica said.

"It's about the journey, not the destination so they say. The chalices if you please."

Jack clanged the chalices together dramatically. Then once more when there had been no sudden event when he had done it the first time.

There was a loud bang of a gun and then a sharp clang as it ricocheted off the chalice. One misfire the next would not be Blackbeard aimed his gun as I stepped in front of Jack.

"Wait wait! Jack cried. " aqua De Vida," he said rather uncertainly.

Almost immediately I felt a stirring in the water about it and then saw it trickled closer to us. It was calm and quite beautiful as it climbed across the pale stone.

"This better not be your sorcery," Blackbeard said to me. I held my hands up in surrender.
"Trust me, it's not."

My eyes settled on Jack for a moment smiling at him a smile he returned in kind. Curiously the water puddles into a glistening pool in the middle of the ceiling rippling gently. It looked quite pretty though unfortunately, this was not a time for admiring.

"Mr Scrum if you please."

The shorter man hoisted Jack up as everyone else remained silent and curious. I was still entranced by the water that now had Jacks sword with a violent suck it was gone them, Jack, with it.

"I'll go up next," Angelica smiled.

I had other plans as I summoned more water to me. It pooled beneath my feet and slowly raised me gracefully. I paid no attention to anyone's telling of me to stop what I was doing. I simply smirked and carried on. I'm the Pirate King, a demi-goddess, I do as I please.

A strange feeling overwhelmed my senses as I too was sucked through the glistening waters. Emerging on the other side I came face to face with Jack grinning at me and glancing past his head I could see why.

"We've done it Luv."
"Aye, we have Jackie."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him into a slow kiss but stopped when I heard the others emerging from the water. Birds chirped as there was a serenity to the place that I had not felt anywhere before. As we approached Jack grabbed my hand tightly I smiled up at Jack.

"When do you think Barbossa will get here?"
"All in good time Celie...hopefully."

Jack reached the fountain.
It's was an odd round shape with but a small trickle of water coming from the too making piddly slashing sounds as it fell into the small font beneath.

"Sparrow I will be the first to taste those waters." Blackbeard's voice sliced through the peace and I rolled my eyes. No thank you for getting me here would ever pass those lips. But then again I don't think 'thank you' was part of Blackbeard's vocabulary.

"Father." The word held worry.
"The one-legged man." It held just a little fear.

"You brought him here," Angelica's words aimed at Jack.

"Would I do that?" Was all Jack had to defend himself with. Angelica glanced at our intertwined fingers and shot a glare my way.
"Actually Jack I think you would seeing as well we did," I muttered to him as Barbossa spoke to one Edward Teach.

"That be the cold breath of fate I feel down my nape. But I will have one last fight by God! Kill them all!"

There were angry cries all around intertwined with the sound of swords being removed from their scabbards.

"Woah, Woah, hang on a minute!" Jack cried.

There was an awkward pause as the focus shifted to my husband.

"I just...well we just-" Jack gestured between us both"- need to understand something. He dragged me forward and I caught onto what he was talking about.
"So, you will fight them and they will fight against you," Jack summarised as I stepped in.

"All on the account of him wanting to kill him. Where's the sense?" This had always slightly confused me. What was the point of fighting again some mucker who's got no issue with you simply that the idiot he follows has some issue with the person you allegiances lie with? There's no gain for anyone at all.

I Scrum shrug out of the corner of my eye being a smile to my lips.
"I say let them fight each other!" Jack declared.
"And we, gentleman, can sit on the sidelines and have a drink." I smiled broadly at the idea of having some rum.
"And place some bets too," Jack added.

Much to both our dismay the only one who shared our sentiment was Scrum. Chaos ensued.
"Honestly, men," I huffed as Jack I got out the way of the fighting.

I leapt away for a moment and found Phillip. He was doing his best to cut his rooms but was failing. I rushed over and cut the ropes for him.

"Go find your love," I smiled then returned to the fight as a soldier charged at me. I ducked under his blow and sliced his leg. The man gave a cry in pain as his leg buckled. I cut his throat and spun around to plunge my sword into the chest of the man trying to sneak up behind me.

The battle continued to rage on. Metal thrashed against metal. Men gave cries of pain as the steel bit into their flesh. But slowly the noise began to dwindle that fighting practically stopped at the presence of a new enemy. The Spanish.

I quirked a brow as a man threw down his sword and instead stood before the Spanish army with a flag proclaiming.

"This land is forever claimed in the name of his majesty King George the-"

The bullet hit him before he could ever finish his declaration. What possessed the man to do such a thing I will never know but I had to give him something for attempting to fend off an army by telling them to effectively 'sod off because we were here first'

I headed over to Jack as the chalices were ceased from Angelica.

"Only God can grant eternal life not this pagan water," The Spanish King declared righteously he crushed the chalices under his boots.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed as they chalices plunged into the water.

"Destroy this pagan temple!"

I let out a noise of frustration.

"Men and their Gods and righteousness!" I groaned.

Ropes were cast rocks fell but they at wasn't the most interesting thing going on. The standoff with Blackbeard and The Spanish that soon turned to revenge for Barbossa. Angelica cried out as the sword plunged through one of the most feared Pirates to roam the seas.

Blackbeard fell backwards hitting the ground with a thump.

"Angelica don't!" Jack and I warned in unison but it was too late Angelica looked to Jack with fear in her eyes.

"The chalices are the only thing that can save her now." I turned and rushed over to where the chalices had fallen. We scrambled around in the water searching to no avail. Hope fleeted even quicker than before as the fountain was crushed.