Chapter 12- Moving on

I sat in silence in the boat as we went back to my mums home. Feeling nothing but a pang of emptiness I had never felt before. Death was no stranger to me but the death of someone I cared about... That was new and I hated it. I wanted him back.

I climbed out of the boat and waited for everyone to go inside they all went in one by one Will and Ngaio glancing at me before they disappeared from view. Once they were gone I took off into the forest.

He was gone and there was nothing I could do about it. I wandered through the trees and soon my sadness turned to anger. It was my damn father. I punched the nearest tree. He was the one who sent the Kraken. I punched the tree again. If it weren't for him Jack would still be alive. I punched and punched the tree ignoring the pain that flared through my hands each time. tears stung my eyes as I lost all control of everything. I went to punch the tree once more only for a hand to grab my wrist.

"Oh, Celeste. I'm so sorry," she said pulling me into a hug.

I crumbled and sobbed as Ngaio hugged me for a minute before I composed myself. If I can't get Jack back I can get revenge on my father for what he has done. He will pay. I stood up and walked back to the hut. I walked in first and all eyes were on me.

"My God. Celeste, what happened to your hands?" Gibbs asked looking very concerned.

"A tree," I said before slouching down in a chair. Not meeting any of the gazes drawn my way.

Ngaio sat down in front of me and grabbed my bloodied hand before carefully wrapping them up in bandages. I looked over at Will who was as far away from Liz as was physically possible. He still had that troubled look on his face. I stood up and grabbed his hand and dragged him off to a secluded spot, Ngaio in tow, I ignored the pain in my hands as I came to a stop.

"What's up?"

"The sky," Will answered glumly.

"Will you are clearly not in a state to be making jokes now what is wrong with you. I know you're not that upset about....," I took a deep breath " about Jack. so what is making you like this?"

"I saw Elizabeth kissing Jack," Will said.

My heart plummeted. I felt sorry for Will. He didn't deserve that but I didn't expect Jack to like Liz that way. I had hoped that... It doesn't matter what I hoped now.

"Jack didn't kiss her back though. I must admit if it hasn't been Elizabeth kissing him I would've found it funny. He looked awkward and clearly didn't want it which given Jack seemed surprising," Will admitted.

I smiled. Maybe I would've had a chance. But I would never know whatever could have been will never be.

"I'm so sorry Will you deserve better," I said putting a hand on his shoulder. "You're like a little brother to me and I don't like seeing you hurt."

"and you're like a big sister to me," he said sincerely before turning to Ngaio. "I'm afraid I can't say the same for you though," Will said and I could've sworn there was a slight tint of pink to his cheeks. I ship it.

We joined the others and sat down. Mum came round and offered us tea. I kept thinking about Jack and kept making myself sadder and sadder.

"If there was anything we could do to bring him back we would," Ngaio said putting her hand on mine.

"Anything? Are you all willing to do anything to get Jack back?"

"Aye," I said standing up. Everyone else stood up agreeing.

Mum looked at Ngaio.

"Anything," Ngaio confirmed.

I looked at mum with hope through my wet puffy eyes.