Chapter 26- The Queen Anne's Revenge

I sighed contently relaxed by the calm swaying of the hammock. Wait. Hammock.
I opened my eyes slowly and with great confusion, I took in the surroundings of the lower decks of a ship. It was dark and already was starting to smell. Disappointingly there was no rum in sight which was a major reason why I had always loved The Pearl. It seemed as if she could never run out.

"Get up sailor!" Someone yelled from behind me yanking the side of the hammock upwards sending me sprawling onto the floor with a crunch.

I growled angrily and reached for my sword but found myself grabbing at air. I punched the grimy floor.

"Oh come on!" I exclaimed jumping up.

"Celie?"

I turned instantly at the familiar voice.
"Jack? What're we going here?" I questioned joining him as he walked?

"No idea Luv."

"Where are we?"

He shrugged.
Someone shoved a mop into my hand and I grew more and more frustrated. I'm the damn pirate king I don't do mopping floors.

"Well aren't you a pretty sight, " a man said with a smile.

"Who are you?" I questioned cocking an eyebrow in the man's direction. He had dirty blonde hair.

"Sorry, m'lady. Names Scrum."

"Celeste, " I replied.

"I believe there should be a Sparrow on the end a that, " Jack muttered to me.

I rolled my eyes at Jack and smirked.
"Celeste Sparrow, " I corrected shaking Scrum's hand.

"Wait a minute. You? married 'im?"

"Yes. She did, why is this always so shocking, " Jack rambled annoyed with some extravagant hand waving.

"Just ignore him, " I said whilst continuing to reluctantly mop the floors.

"Hey Scrum."

"Yes m'lady," He nodded looking at me intently.

"What ship are we on?"

Scrum shuffled closer, cautiously looking around, as did Jack and myself.

" 'Scuse me, Captain Sparrow, sir. Mrs Sparrow-"
"-Pirate King actually-" Jack interjected though Scrum took no notice.

"I be right honoured to welcome you aboard our world-renowned vessel of infamy- Queen Anne's Revenge, " he announced before shuffling back over to continue cleaning.

I looked to Jack, eyes wide with surprise.

"Blackbeard, " we said together.

"Above deck, sailors!" Someone boomed from above.

All of us complied and headed up. Although I was still not particularly happy with the jobs we were doing. Even when I was sailing around with my father I never had to scrub the decks.

We were all lined up in a row each with a bucket and scrubbing brush. I wasn't exactly scrubbing enthusiastically and neither was Jack. It seemed he was just as unhappy to be here as I was. I was looking around the ship at all the crew and some seemed strange.
One of the strange one's yelled at us as he dumped more water on the deck.

"Well he's cheerful, " I said glancing to the scared and furiously looking officer.

Jack and Scrum also looked in the direction.
"He's been zombified. Blackbeard's doing. All the officers are the same. Keeps 'em compliant," He examined.