Chapter 11- The Kraken

Will swam quickly ahead of us and made it to land first. By the time Ngaio and I had made it ashore and to where Will was the atmosphere was very tense. My blue eyes fell over an all to familiar and comforting figure.

"Hello, Celie Luv, " Jack grinned.

"Hello Jackie, " I replied smiling widely and despite wanting to run over to him, I stayed put not sure what was about to happen.

Will walked down the sandbank and knelt down by the chest. It was small yet intricate with a detailed lock on one side.

"I need to stab the heart to free my father, " Will explain to Liz as he went to unlock the chest.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that William. For if Jones is dead who is there to call off his beasty, "Jack said pointing his sword at Will.

"I'm afraid I can't let you either, " Norrington declared. Wait. Norrington?

"Where the hell did you come from. Aren't you part of the navy anymore?" I questioned.

"No Celeste. I am no longer part of the Royal Navy, " He replied bitterly.

"Now, hand over the key Will, " Jack ordered.

"You know I can't do that, " he replied.

For a moment they all stood up swords pointed at each other then all chaos ensued. Swinging and ducking and yelling at each other as the three men fought across the sand. Will yelled at Elizabeth, who was already angry at the men's actions, to guard the chest.

"No! " she exclaimed rather agitated.

Jack, Will and Norrington moved along fighting. Metal clanging rattled through the air as the men rather gracefully battled for the key.

"Three shillings says Jack ends up with the key in the end, " I said to Ngaio.

"Ok, three shillings says the hot one wins I forgot his name, " Ngaio returned eyes fixed on the fight.

"Jack is the hot one," The words left my mouth before I could think.

"No not him the one without dreadlocks."

"Will. You've known him for days and you already forgot his name?" I questioned not quite believing her.

"What? I'm bad at names okay. Wait you called Jack hot, " Ngaio said looking at me strangely.

"So?" I crossed my arms and tried to ignore the heat rising to my face.

"So you like him?"

"No I don't and besides you called Will hot too but I have to warn you he is already engaged to Liz, " I pointed to Elizabeth who was screaming at the others as they fought.

"For now, " Ngaio replied half-jokingly. I laughed at her before turning around after hearing something. It was the crew; they came rising slowly out of the water all looked furious and ready to fight.

"You know I used to have nicknames for some of them, " I said to Ngaio not particularly phased by their arrival.

"Oh, really like what?"

"They weren't very good but I just couldn't be bothered to remember their names. So that one was shell head, " I said pointing at one. I went around naming various member of the crew with their weird nicknames. "And that was buttface, " I said "Buttface? Really?"

"What? I was twelve okay and the name stuck, " I defended with a laugh. Ngaio laughed too but stopped suddenly. I looked back and the crew were alarmingly close. Only now did the potential danger set in.