Chapter 8- The Key

We kept sailing after our little game of chase with the Navy. But Jack said we were finally nearing our destination. The crew were getting more agitated as we had not done interesting in a while. They, of course, wanted to steal some treasure preferably something shiny. I was on deck cleaning when Jack came out of his quarters and called for us to way anchor.

"So what's the plan?" I asked Jack as he walked towards the boats.

"The plan is I row ashore grab the thing we came here for and find my way back here in one piece."

"Ok one that's a very vague plan and two what am I supposed to do? Just sit here and hope you don't end up in some life-threatening situation? Because last time I checked all you ever manage to do is get yourself in life-threatening situations, " I said getting slightly frustrated.

"You Luv can look after my hat until I get back, " he said placing his hat carefully on my head.

"Jack Sparrow you are going to be the death of me, " I smiled at Jack before helping the others lower the boat into the water.

Jack got in the boat and rowed ashore. I went about the ship tidying and cleaning random things to keep myself occupied. I was sorting some things in Jacks quarters when I heard some of the crew talking in hushed voices outside.

I moved closer to the door and overheard some of what they were saying. It was mostly about not doing any actual pirating. I was about to go confront them when I saw Gibbs walk over to the side of The Pearl where he was handed some poor souls arm.

Gibbs looked rather confused and chucked it back into the sea. The crew surrounded Jack in an instant before I could greet him. They were all curious as to what it was Jack had found as they were getting bored. Their bickering was interrupted by the monkey stealing the cloth Jack was holding. I shot at the monkey making sure to miss to only scare it so it would drop the cloth. Marty picked it up.

"It's a key," he said.

"Even better it's a drawing of a key," Jack said taking back the parchment.

"That's not better Jack," I pointed out.
"So we're going after whatever this key unlocks," Gibbs said enthusiastically.

"Of course not. There's no point finding whatever this key unlocks when we don't have the key to unlock it," Jack said.

"So we're going after this key then, " Gibbs said slightly less enthusiastic. Jack then called out orders as usual and we were on our way to find this key. Jack went into his quarters and I followed. He placed the drawing of the key on the table and slumped into his chair with a sigh.

"Celie, what're you doing here?" Jack asked after noticing my presence.

"I came to return your hat," I moved over to him and put his hat back on his head.

"Thanks, Luv."

"No problem Jackie. Now, what's worrying you?" I questioned with a concerned look.

"The crew aren't too happy with how I've been Captaining my ship and -"

"Nothing is going to happen. They will all have to go through me if they want to start a mutiny," I said putting a hand on his arm. "So there is nothing for you to worry about, "I finished.

"Thanks, Luv," Jack said. "No problem now I'm going to bed," I said walking out the door.

"Last time you did that you ended up back here," Jack pointed out.

"If I don't find anywhere to sleep I will come back here alright," I reasoned.

Jack nodded and I left. Thankfully this time I did find somewhere to sleep. But I didn't have time to sleep for long before Jack was waking us all up and telling us to head for land. Not a port or anything just land. He was rushing around frantically until I pulled him aside.