Chapter 60: Too easy?

With several more cracks and shudders a section of the wall sunk back away from the rest. It slid to the side to reveal a corridor.

"Umm...how the hell did that happen?" Storm questioned.

"I've learned to think too much into nothing like that anymore," Jack replied sauntering towards the large gap and peering down into the dimly lit path.

"You've just learnt not to think too much full stop Jackie," I teased grabbing his hand and wandering in. "Come on you lot treasure awaits!"

I don't think I'd seen any of them move as quickly as they did then. They went racing off into the dim tunnel without a care in the world. Despite being the first to enter the rocky path, I was not the most eager to enter. Of course like everyone else treasure was as inviting as it always was but what wasn't was the time I almost died in tunnels so similar to these.

It was completely unnerving. I felt like every time I took a step the walls shook and the ceiling cracked.

"You okay luv?" Jack looked back at me. His deep brown eyes were full of concern as he stared at where I had unwittingly stopped.

"Yeah, I'm fine Jackie, don't worry about me," I dismissed though he knew better than to believe me.

"It's alright to be scared Luv." He noted checking behind him briefly to make sure the others hadn't gotten too far away.

"Is it though. It's a damn tunnel and I'm already considering going back," I scoffed a little disappointed in myself.

"Aye but you haven't have ya? That's because you're Celeste Sparrow, demigoddess, daughter of Calypso and Davy Jones, Pirate King," Jack declared growing more dramatic with each word and I couldn't help but laugh. "It's alright to be scared Luv. But trust me. It's like spiders."

I gave Jack a rather confused look before he decided to actually explain his last words.

"Everything is far more scared of you than you are of it." He elaborated with a grin. "Even the rocks."

"Even you?" I inquired raising an eyebrow at my husband a similar grin spreading across my slightly chapped lips.

"Well, I'm the exception. I know you're a sweetheart who holds so much love for her dear husband." He placed a hand across his heart.

I just rolled my eyes at him.

"However, I would like to note that I am very aware of your capability of violence," He added making me laugh again. The sounds echoed through the narrow space. And it was then that I realised I was walking again alongside Jack through the tunnel towards the treasure with no sense of anxiety.

"Jack Sparrow you truly are a man of many talents."

"Anything for you luv."

                                    ***

"Wait...so where's the death?" Jack uttered.

"Undead pirates? Kraken? Undead Kraken and pirates?" I rambled on looking around the beautiful looking cave full of winding bright green vines and a few flowers nestled within. Everything was just a little too perfect here.

"I'd rather take the first one."

"I'm sorry what?" Domino whipped around and looked at Jack and I with a half mortified half-amused expression.

"Well it's a giant ancient slightly...creepy looking chest in the centre of a large underground cave in near darkness where the only light is moonlight coming through tiny holes in the wall," I pointed out.

Both Alaris and Storm halted their excited march towards the rather large chest covered in strange markings.

"Honestly... I wouldn't put it past Blackbeard so pressured himself just ta bugger up our rather enjoyable expedition," Jack added.

"You two really need to be more optimistic," Alaris informed before skipping over to the chest. The tips of her fingers ghosted over the latch as if stopped by an invisible force. "Or are you just being realistic?"

"Realistic by their weird, weird life," Domino answered not showing any reservations like Alaris and bouncing over to the chest. "Huh, would've thought this would be locked...oh well." She shrugged before throwing open the lid and gawking the contents.

"Now that's what I call a treasure chest!" Alaris cheered throwing about many of the gold coins. Storm and Atlas soon joined her laughing and cheering amongst ourselves.

"Cursed," I said to Jack just loud enough for the others (including Mr Gibbs who had slowly been inching closer) to hear. "We forgot about curses. You know like the Isle De Muerte."

I laughed as I heard several coins clatter onto the ground. Jack laughed along with me.

"I think you've teased them enough now Luv," Jack grinned and pulled me closer by the waist.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree with you there Captain," I remarked teasingly whilst casually removing his hat.

"We do!"

                                     ***

"Mum! Dad!" The twins cheered as their parents appeared on the ship.

The flying Dutchman was beside us its ragged flag rippling in the winds. Seaweed still clung to the sails and barnacles decorated the sides.

Ngaio and Will hugged their kids with a laugh as they showed them the handfuls of treasure.

"Who are they?" Dominique asked shuffling over to stand beside me. Storm had taken Dominos hair out of its dreadlocks leaving her amazingly curly hair free. It bounced around as she tried to flick some out of her face.

"That's Ngaio and Will, Ngaio's my twin if you couldn't tell," I laughed lightly as Ngaio stole some treasure off Storm who immediately tackled her mother.

"I see the resemblance, both ways. Storm with Ngaio and them with you." She looked up at me through her hair with a bright smile.

"So this is the new Sparrow I've heard so much about," Ngaio exclaimed once Storm had given up on recovery her jewels so decided to try and steal Will's hat and was soon joined by her brother. No matter how many years passed it still seemed to be one of their favourite pastimes.

"Umm, I'm not a Sparrow..." Domino looked nervously at the ground. Ngaio looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"You're Jacks daughter aren't you?"

"Well yes..."

"The name's yours if you want it you know Dom. I mean I can understand if you don't want it," I spoke up placing a hand on her shoulder.

"No, I...I do."

"Then welcome to the family, Dom. If you're not mad already you soon will be," Ngaio laughed hugging Domino briefly.

"I've got Jack and Celeste as parents. I'm nowhere near sane," Domino replied before rushing off to find Alaris. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face when she said that.

"Looks like you gave me a niece after all just not in the way I'd expect. Especially when you're married to Jack Sparrow." Ngaio nudged my shoulder with a smirk on her face.

"To be honest I'd didn't expect it to happen this way either. I mean I don't think I'll be the best parent but I will try my best. But... I do wonder. Probably would've suggested that I would've been pregnant at some point by now."

"Hey, don't worry about it. You've got Domino, you've got Jack, Alaris, me, Will and the twins. There's nothing wrong with you... Well physically at least. Mentally there's very little right with you."

I punched Ngaio in the arm.

"Says you. The maniac who dropped into a maelstrom of their own accord!"

"Hey, I never said I was mentally stable either," She raised her hands in defence.