Chapter 7

Nezu: "So how has your stay at UA been so far?" The principal asked Y/n before taking another sip of tea. The two had met up for a game of chess after Nezu had invited Y/n.

Y/n: "It has been... okay so far." Y/n answered hesitantly. "Getting used to this new place and all has made it not all to great, although it has been an experience to be able to train with Ectoplasm-sensei."

Nezu: "Ah yes I had been informed that you had requested the aid of Ectoplasm for some training and I believe Cementoss and Snipe too, if I recall correctly."

Y/n: "Yes, I need a place to train my parkour skills a bit more and I wanted to see the extend of my Quirk towards vision enhancing Quirks. Seeing that Snipes Quirk not just simply allows him to control his bullets but also see through them, couple that with a greater vision alltogether and Snipe was the best option to test how my Quirk interacts with his." The chess game had long been decided at that point. Y/n might have won the first time but that was through a suprise that he can never use again against Nezu and so the High Spec user clearly came out on top.

Nezu: "Mind telling me the result of that experiment?" The chimera asked interested as he and Y/n began to reset the board.

Y/n: "I am still unnoticable as long as I do not get his attention. Furthermore it seems like I was able to increase the threshold of sounds I can make till my Quirk deactivates. It is very quiet whispering so I guess around 20 to 30 decibel of intentionally made sound. Footsteps, heartbeats, breathing and things like that still do not cause the deactivation of Phantoms effect as long as I do not make their sounds intentionally, like stomping on the ground or sighing." Y/n explained as he continued playing. He already knew he was outmatched but he slowly learned from the adult. Each turn, each move and each reaction to his moves was getting memorized. Nezu seemed to have noticed that too.

Nezu: "Does your Quirk have any side effects?"

Y/n: "I am not certain, maybe my overall perceptive skills have improved due to my Quirk, my memory is also better but that could be just a natural thing. Hard to say."

Nezu: "On the contrary mister Kurokage. You might not realize it but noone can simply learn someones way of thinking and acting like you can. Just look." He said as he motioned towards the board. It was now the third game and instead of a clear victory for Nezu it was a balanced match, each move was countered by the enemy and so they fought to a stalemate. "It took you four games to completely analyze my way of playing. I admit that you are intelligent but that is not all there is too it." Y/n sat there in silence just staring at the board. Memories of the many times he had completely learned his opponent in and out came flooding back.

Y/n: "I swear this was not part of my Quirk from the start." He said and Nezu smiled.

Nezu: "Quirks can evolve, someone that was once able to simply change the color of something can, with enough training, become able to give each color an effect. My Quirk High Spec went through an evolution too. Back when I first manifested my Quirk I was unable to do anything with my newly gained intelligence, but the more I worked with my Quirk, the more I thought up ways to improve the more human I became. I suddenly changed into what you can see now, I gained enough humanlike properties to be able to talk like a human, to walk on two legs and all of that."

Y/n: "So my Quirk might have evolved due to me adapting my fighting style that consists of analysing my opponent, learning their behavior and acting upon that. My memory got better and the learning process shorter. If that is true I should be able to do that in a fight. Nezu-sensei would it be possible to spar a student?" The chimera laughed and clapped his hands.

Nezu: "Of course, I will see if someone is interested. For the time being you can head back to your dorm and prepare yourself. I will send you the details once I have found a suitable opponent for you." Giving the older man a nod Y/n left the room and went back to his dorm. He saw other students walk around, of course noone saw him as he walked into the dorm building meant for students of class 1-A. The room he occupied had changed quiet a bit from the simple decorated one it started as. A few hero posters had been posted to the walls, among those were one of All Might, one of Mirko and one of the rescue hero team The Wild Wild Pussycats. The desk now had a cheap laptop ontop and Y/n even managed to get a new acoustic guitar. Next to the regular schoolbooks for UA a few new ones had been added to the bookshelf, among those the most noteable one were the books of the 'Streetmagic for' series. Y/n had realized early that his Quirk would work the best if he were to master the art of misdirection and so he picked up these books. Although he still had to get 'Streetmagic for Pros'. In one of the corners a basketball layed waiting to be used again. After the day his home had burned down Y/n went out to a nearby park trying to get his mind off of things, then and there he noticed a bunch of guy playing basketball and they seemed to have been short one man. Seeing no real reason why not Y/n went towards them and asked if he could join. A few near heartattacks from his sudden appearance later he realized that while not being anywhere near the skill of the others when it came to getting points he was great in supporting his teammates. Basketball quickly became a new way of passing his freetime.