Chapter 22

He was not sure what he expected, well he did expect to get into a fight today, so maybe he knew what to expect, however he certainly was not prepared to crash through a drywall and into someones birthday party.

Y/n: "Happy birthday..." he looked at the cake he nearly crushed with his body. "Hikari-kun. I brought Miruko with me. Just give me a moment." The boy blinked at Y/n as he went back through the hole he made. A moment later Miruko cam bursting through the same wall. "Surprise."

Mirko: "Brat don't use my teachings to kick ME through walls!" The woman snarled.

Y/n: "Then don't kick me through walls yourself!" He barked back. There was a moment of silence as Miruko signed the boys autograph without even looking. The two just glared at eachother. "You know you will have to pay for everything you break, even if it was by using me as the thing breaking them."

Miruko: "Why do you think I use this dump as the place to train you? I am not stupid enough to break my main base." She turned towards the group and began to look through her belt pockets. "Here. Go to an amusement park of something." She said while throwing a bunch of money towards the parents who were shaking in fear. They grabbed the money, grabbed the kids and left.

It has been a day since Y/n went to train under Miruko and ever since he first made his presence known they were fighting. Not that Y/n minded. In the end there was only one thing that the pro-heroes that send him offers could really give him.

A chance to adapt.

He could become physically stronger. He could get faster. He could learn how to use tools and weapons.

But he already was fairly strong, he was surprisingly fast for someone with his kind of Quirk and he knew how to use the tools and weapons that offered the greatest advantage.

What he was unable to do was have the chance to fight someone so far out of his league that even a single hit landed was a complete success on his part.

That is why he had choosen Miruko over all the other Heroes. She was by far the strongest fighter out of the bunch.

Funnily enough the training also really showed how much even the average human had improved and evolved since the first Quirk appeared.

It was no seceret that many scientists consider humans with Quirks the next stage of human evolution. Homo Novis, Strange Human.

But Quirks were not the only difference between homo sapiens and homo novis.

There was the lack of a second toe joint in the little toes, often used as a quick way to determine those who are of this new evolutionary stage and those who aren't.

However much to the confusion of many scientists who wished for a clear difference between the two human evolutionairy stages every human beeing began to show adaptations, even those without Quirks.

Humans got stronger, faster and more resistant.

Even the six year old Izuku was able to lift more, move faster and take more damage than a six year old two hundred years ago could.

It might have been an adaptation on the side of homo sapiens to the new threat that was homo novis. A way to allow the species to survive even if the other species had literal superpowers.

Beeing thrown, or kicked in this case, through a wall, even if it 'only' was a drywall would have hurt far more if Y/n had lived a couple decades ago instead of now. Now it was mostly dazing him and gave him a small bruise. One that would heal far faster than what was normal ages ago.

Miruko did not just fight him for the sake of fighting. She would stop occasionally to give some instructions or to show how to correctly do something. Her way of teaching simply involved more action than words.