Chapter 18

Y/n took a deep breath to calm down his nerves. Slowly he ascended the few stairs leading up onto the platform that was the fighting area. The odd were stacked against him. Heavily. It will be hard to get his Quirk to take effect, almost impossible even. A million thoughts swirled through Y/ns head like a typhoon.

Racking his mind the blue haired boy began to remember the few times he had witnessed Kirishima fight. It wasn't much but at least it was a start.

Present Mic: "IT IS TIME FOR OUR NEXT FIGHT! AND WHAT A FIGHT WE ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS!" Present Mic began to hype up the crowd, not that that was necessary. "IN THE FIRST ROUND NOONE SAW HIM COMING. IN THE SECOND ROUND HE SHOCKED US ALL! HE HAS GHOST LIKE PRESENCE AND COULD BE BEHIND ALL OF US WITHOUT US KNOWING! Y/N KUROKAGE FROM CLASS 1-A!"

Y/n: "Here!" Y/n shouted so Midnight counts him as present.

Present Mic: "HIS OPPONENT HAS PROVEN TO BE BOTH AN IMMOVABLE AND AN UNSTOPPABLE OBJECT! THE ULTIMATE SPEAR AND THE ULTIMATE SHIELD! EIJIRO KIRISHIMA FROM CLASS 1-A!" The red haired boy looked at Y/n apologetically.

Kirishima: "Sorry bro, but I can't afford to go easy on you. I hope you don't think of me as unmanly for going all out against someone injured."

Y/n: "Go as hard as you want." Y/n replied with a sly smirk, the pun definately intended.

Midnight: "Are both contestants ready?"

Y/n / Kirishima: "Yes Sensei." They answered as they got into their fighting stances. Kirishima slightly froze as he saw Y/n perfectly mirror his stance, for a moment he could have sworn he was facing himself.

Meanwhile in a small classroom at Tokyo Athletics Academy the rising stars in the world of professional junior basketball, aptly named the generation of basketball miracles, began to cheer for their friend.

Aomine: "Look at Kurokage he almosts looks like Kise."

Kise: "I mean he did copy my style when working together with that green haired boy in the cavalary battle." The blond replied.

Midorima: "It was similar yet felt different somehow. What do you think Akashi?"

Akashi: "Kurokage-kun was not copying the movements he was mirroring them. Kise usually needs a moment to get the movements memorized, he has to see them first before he can copy them. Kurokage-kun on the other hand moved in sync with Midoriya, my guess is that the two of them are good friends and have sparred alot."

Momoi: "I still wonder how he lost his leg. Do you think it has to do with the attack on the USJ?"

Akashi: "Most likely."

Murasakibara: "Why is the Hero Sports Festival even so liked, it is just a bunch of kids beating eachother into a pulp?"

Mirdorima: "It is a good first glance at the next generation of Heroes. The strong and flashy ones become popular while the others get a new increase in motivation to strive further." The green haired boy said while tapeing his fingers.

Kise: "Psss! The fight is starting. Go Kurokagecchi!"

Midnight: "BEGIN!" Kirishima instantly rushed towards Y/n activating his Quirk on his arms. Y/ns eyes were fixed on the areas where the hardening took place, something about how the skin and presumeably muscles became hard and rigid must be a way to win this fight. He didn't have time to admire the hardening growing up Kirishimas arms before he had to move.

Dodging to the side Y/n threw a punch of his own, but stopped short of hitting Kirishimas way to open side. It was a trap. Kirishima would not let himself be so open without having his Quirk to protect him and if Y/n were to have hit him it would have hurt the blue haired boy more. He needed a different approach.