Chapter 4

It was a sight to behold as Izuku finally got the go ahead from Y/n to accept All Mights Quirk. The green haired boy was over the moon only to face plant right after as All Might told him to eat one of his hairs. Y/n could not help but laugh at the weird task but he saw the reasoning behind it. After forcing down the blond hair and downing a bottle of water, handed to him by Y/n, Izuku looked at All Might in confusion.

Izuku: "Am I supposed to feel something?" He asked.

All Might: "Not right away young Midoriya, your body first has to absorb One for All, so what do you say shall we continue your training?" The boy nodded and he and Y/n went back to work. In the last 8 months they made great progress and it really showed on Izuku. The timid boy, while still being a nervous wreck around strangers, had gained a bit more of a confident stature, grew by at least 3 centimeters and gained a better muscular build then he already had. Y/n meanwhile did not change much, he kept the work light and let Izuku carry the heaviest things. All Might was ok with that seeing that gaining more strength is not all that helpful for the Phantom Quirk user. Instead Y/n began to use the remaining piles of trash training his parkour and climbing skills. An hour or so passed and Y/n decided to call in a break to see if Izuku had manifested the Quirk already.

Izuku: "How do I use it?" The boy asked and he and Y/n looked at All Might who looked away sheepishly.

All Might: "I usually clench my buttocks and yell smash." Y/n let out a sigh and looked at Izuku.

Y/n: "Let's sit down for a moment." He said and Izuku quickly joined him in the sand. "I can only tell you how I think quirks work, seeing that mine is rather special and mutant types also do not really have anything to use. A Quirk is like a new part of your body, like for example Kamui Woods, his wood is part of his body, he feels what it feels, he can freely move it and all, like an arm or a leg. For emitter type quirks it is harder to explain, think of Bakugou for a good example, his quirk effects his sweat and sweatglands, he can freely excrete the sweat needed for his explosions on will. Now try to close your eyes and start feeling for anything that has changed in your body." Izuku nodded and closed his eyes. "Do you feel pain? Energy running through your body? Maybe something else?"

Izuku: "E-energy! I feel like I am touching a battery!" Y/n sweatdropped at the interesting discription but decided to run with it.

Y/n: "Great. How does the energy feel? Is it a steady stream or bursts?"

Izuku: "Steady, but also pulsating."

Y/n: "That could be the stored energy of One for All testing your body. Try to gather that energy in a part of your body, start small, like in your pinky for example, and only a small part, we do not yet know how much of One for All you can actually handle." Izuku nodded his head and began to focus on trying to force the energy into his pinky. Y/n quickly noticed the glowing veins of power appear on his friends left hand. And while Izuku did not yet have the fine control needed to just effect his finger he managed to somewhat gain control. "How does this feel?"

Izuku: "Like a spring! I feel like if I let go it will erupt." Y/n hummed in thought and looked at All Might for help, but as his eyes met the form of his mentor something clicked.

Y/n: "Izuku! How would you imagine using One for All?" Y/n asked, confusing both All Might and his friend.

Izuku: "Like flipping a switch." Izuku said a bit uncertain.

Y/n: "Think about how All Might uses it. How does he change when using One for All." It took Izuku a moment but then it clicked for him too. Excitedly the greenett jumped to his feet, got into a sturdy stance and focused. Slowly the red veins of power began to grow out from his chest and around the entirety of his body, but Y/n noticed that something was not right and so he stopped Izuku. "That is enough." Izuku stopped and began to pant as if having run multiple kilometers. "Ok we now know that you do not need to focus it on a single body part. Also there has to be a limit of how much power you can use."