Chapter 26

Behind Y/n the rest of the class was looking over the wide cityscape the current Heroics Class will be held. Everyone was in their Hero Costumes and only their teacher was missing.

All Might did not make them wait long as he landed in his usual over the top fashion.

Y/n: "How many roofs have crumbled beneath your feet thanks to your landings?" Y/n asked from his seat at the edge of the roof.

All Might: "None Young Kurokage! I always land on roofs that are marked at landing spots of helicopters!" The man said laughing loudly. "But enough with the tangent. Today we will put to the test your ability to traverse a city!" He pulled out a roll of duct tape and placed a long strip on the roof. "This will be the starting line and your goal will be to find me and to reach me as fast as possible! I will split you up into groups of 4 at random, you all are allowed to use your Quirk and anything in your arsenal to get to me first. BUT no attacking eachother!" Y/n heard Bakugo grumbly angrily making him chuckle. "Without further delay let us decide who will race against who. Come and pick a ball, people with the same numbers are in the same group!"

One by one the students pulled a ball from the box untill everyone had one.

All Might: "Ok get into your groups. I will head to my spot. Team 1 will start once the signal sounds, dont worry you wont miss it. NOW LETS GET STARTED!" He screamed and jumped off into the city.

Looking around Y/n saw he was in the same team as Jirou, Koda and Sato. It was a decently balanced match up since none of them had a Quirk that directly made them have a higher chance at winning. They each also had one advantage.

Jirou would be able to hear All Might, Koda can ask the pidgeons, Sato can use his increased strength to break through obstacles and Y/n had prior training in traversing rooftops.

The first team to start was Izuku, Sero, Asui and Mina.

Mina was by far the worst compared to the rest of her group and it would be hard for her to win. It is hard to predict who would win between Izuku, Asui and Sero. They all had movement improving Quirks so it will depend on speed and control. Izuku had the first in spades compared to the others but was still lacking control.

A loud beep echoed through the city signalling the race had begun. The four contestants rushed off with 3 out of the 4 taking the direct route via the rooftops while Mina choose to go through the maze like alleys and streets.

Y/n: "Bad choice Mina." Y/n remarked more to himself than his classmates.

Bakugo: "Raccoon Eyes has no better option." Bakugo shot back, earning a slightly shocked look from Y/n. "Dont look at me like that, she and Shitty Hair have been stuck to my soles like fucking gum."

Y/n: "Fair, at least they are not like Finger, Snail Eyes or Fat Wing." A short snort escaped Bakugo.

Bakugo: "Yeah those three were so damn annoying, almost as bad as shitty Deku."

Kaminari: "I think we are missing some important details here, who are the guys Kurokage mentioned?"

Y/n: "Bakugos ex-fanclub." Y/n answered his eyes never leaving the screen that showed every contestant and All Might. "They were bootlickers of the highest order, always tailing Bakugo in hopes of getting something out of it. Had to beat them up a few times when they got too big for their boots."

Iida: "I can not condone you harming others Kurokage. It also seems very unlike you."

Momo: "That I wholeheartedly agree with. Never thought you were a bully Y/n."

Bakugo: "Kurokage and a bully? Dont make me laugh, Kurokage was the guy making the bullying stop. The day we entered any school the rate of bullying would plummet to almost 0, everyone who even dared throw an insult around within Kurokages earshot would get a not so gentle reminder not to do so again."