Chapter 14

Step after step.

One foot after the other.

Y/n had to learn walking all over again. The loss of his entire lower left leg would normally force Heroes into months of recovery or, in some cases, retirement.

But if Y/n was one thing than it was stubborn. He first shocked the doctors of the Musutafu Hospital, by waking up mere hours after having received emergency surgery, in which the crushed limb could only be amputated to prevent further harm to the rest of the body.

His legal guardian had to be quickly informed, resulting in a lot of explaining needed untill the doctors accepted Y/n as a SRC. Nonetheless Principal Nezu had been called and arrived almost right away accompanied by Present Mic and Midnight.

Y/n: "I figured it would take a bit longer for you to arrive here sir." The chimera laughed.

Nezu: "My dear companions and I were checking in on Aizawa as I received the call." The air then turned tense. "I believe we have much to talk about."

Y/n: "Get me a new leg and I will walk right into your office in two weeks." This statement caused all the adults to stare at Y/n as if looking for any signs of him joking. They did not find any.

Doctor: "Even with the aid of Recovery Girl it would take that amount of time to barely recover enough to receive a prosthetic followed by months of physical therapy." The doctor informed the boy.

Y/n: "Nope. Two weeks. Give me that and I will walk out of here on my own. No help by others or crutches. I will do whatever it takes to be back as soon as possible, I made a promise to Izuku that I will be there with him, becoming a Hero alongside him."

Nezu: "Very well. Doctor please prepare everything mister Kurokage needs for his recovery." The doctor looked hesitant but relented nonetheless.

One the same day Y/n had been instructed to build up as much energy as possible. He ate specially made food which aided him with that and got multiple powernaps in.

The next day Recovery Girl came in, berated him about how stupid he was doing this, but healed his stump. It would still be pure agony once the prosthetic was attached to it and even more painful once Y/n will begin walking again. She was not wrong.

On the third day a pink haired girl, Hatsume Mei, from the Support Course was introduced to him. She would be the one building his new leg.

Mei: "So tell me what you want your leg to do? Increased strength? Inbedded blades? Maybe even thrusters? No that would need both legs for stabilization. Oh oh we could..." She continued listing off possible attachements for the artificial limb.

Y/n: "Hatsume-san, I would prefer it to be as silent as you can make it. Oh and light. I do not need weaponry or things like that build into it."

Mei: "But that is boring. Also call me Mei." She took out her notebook and began sketching. "Trust me this baby will blow your mind, Hatsume Industries, trademark pending, will be the best of the best when it comes to Support Items and you will help me get more attention."

Y/n: "Sure thing, I already have a few eyes on me thanks to this stunt. I bet if I make a speedy recovery and attend the Sports Festival it will be good for you too." Mei beamed at him and held out her greasy hand.

Mei: "You have got yourself a deal." The two shook hands. "Oh yeah, whats your name again?"

Y/n: "Y/n Kurokage, call me Y/n." He sweatdropped.

Later that day Izuku and his mom came to visit. Both nearly flooded the room with their tears. It took Y/n the good part of an hour to calm them down.

Izuku: "Will you even be able to continue becoming a Hero?" His friend asked him worried.

Y/n: "Prosthetics have come a long way since the appearance of Quirks, so it is possible." Y/n then explained his plan.

Inko: "You can always try again next year. You dont have to force yourself dear Y/n."

Y/n: "Dont worry aunty, I know I can recover in these two weeks just you wait." He promised with a smile.

Inko: "Ok, but please take care of yourself you hear me?" Y/n nodded. Izuku continued telling Y/n about what happened after he blacked out and what is currently planned at UA. The blue haired kid already knew about the upcoming Sports Festival. With the help of his green haired friend Y/n caught up with current school work and soon the visiting times were over. Izuku promised to come back the next day.

Mei made quick work with the new limb for Y/n and even had the first prototype ready on the next day. With the help of Recovery Girl and one of the doctors Y/n was put under anesthesthetics to prepare for the surgery.

Once Y/n woke up, a kind of metal socket had been implanted right below his knee. Mei was quick to explain that it will be used to quickly and easily connect the artificial limb later on.

The prototype the girl had prepared was simple in nature. A bare metal frame with a kind of foot attached.

Mei: "This is just so you can get used to walking again. Your real leg will be way more high tech and you will probably not even feel a difference to your original leg. Well except that you will not feel anything with that one." She said quickly and excitedly as she began fiddeling with the attachment of his leg. A loud click was heard and Y/n hissed in pain. She gave the leg a few testing movements and patted Y/ns knee. "Ok try getting up."

With the help of Mei and a Nurse Y/n soon found himself back on two feet. It was strange. It felt as if he raised his left leg and put a stick under his knee. He felt the pressure on the lower side of his knee but below that there was nothing.

The first step was the hardest. It was shaky, slow and almost made Y/n fall to the ground, but he still managed to take that all too important first step once again.

That was it for this chapter, I hope you liked it.

Wolfy out.