Chapter 20

All around the arena people were cheering for the three students standing in the middle of the field. Tokoyami held his head high as he was proud of his third place. Y/n, who was given a crutch, was slightly annoyed that he was unable to contest Todoroki from getting the first place due to his injuries. And lastly Todoroki, he looked... conflicted.

Midnight was about to start the celebrations as Todoroki stepped forth.

Todoroki: "Midnight-sensei."

Midnight: "Yes Todoroki?" The hero asked confused.

Todoroki: "May I say something?" Todoroki asked holding out his hand for the microphone.

Midnight: "It seems like we are about to have some words from the first place himself." Midnight announced before handing over the mic.

Todoroki: "I am giving my first place to Kurokage." This caused everyone to stop and start mumbling in confusion. "Unlike him, I did not give my all. He worked hard to be here, trained hard to fight. Me on the other hand did not do that, I leaned on my Quirk like a crutch and what is worse is that I intentionally held back the flame side of my Quirk over a stupid grudge. Kurokage, I would love to fight you once you are able, not to prove that I deserved the first place in this sports festival, but instead to see if I even could win against you."

Kurokage: "I'll hold you to that." The boy promised.

Midnight: "Are you certain Todoroki?"

Todoroki: "Yes. Please give my first place to Kurokage."

Midnight: "Very well. Let's give Todoroki a round of applause for his great show of sportsmanship and respect for his classmates." After a moment the crowd errupted in applause and cheers. Y/n however saw someone else erupt with rage. That person was Endeavor who was stalking down the stairs towards the edge of the seating area. With a bit of difficulty Y/n hopped towards Todoroki and held out his fist.

Y/n: "This is how you correctly spite someone. Be better then them, but be yourself, be true to yourself. I can not begin to tell you how thankful I am for what you are doing, remember if you need someone to talk to, need help with anything, come to me and I swear I will do my best to help you." With a small look of confusion Todoroki held out his fist too. Y/n smiled and bumped it with his.

Midnight: "Let us officially begin the award ceremony. Please line up, Tokoyami to the left, Kurokage in the middle and Todoroki to the right." The boys took their positions and Midnight nodded towards Cementoss, who used his Quirk to raise a podium right below the boys feet. The three stood a little bit straighter as Midnight continued. "These three boys are this years victors among the first years. To present their well earned medals we have gotten our very own number one Hero! All-"

All Might: "I BROUGHT THE MEDALS!"

Midnight: "Might." The moment of silence was interrupted by Y/n facepalming.

All Might: "Sorry I messed up the timing." This time Y/n sighed, both Tokoyami and Todoroki glanced at Y/n questioningly.

Y/n: "He is a great Hero, but... more brawn than brain?"

Tokoyami: "Not wrong." Tokoyami nodded, agreeing with what Y/n said.

Midnight: "OK, let us ignore that misshap and carry on. In the third place we have Fumikage Tokoyami!" All Might walked up to the boy with the bronze medal.

All Might: "You have proven your strength today Young Tokoyami, continue working hard and I am certain you will become a great Hero one day." Putting the medal around the boys head and then pulled him into a hug that pushed Tokoyamis beak right into the Heroes armpit.