Chapter 19

Izuku tried to sink even further into the bed he currently occupied as his best friend gave him a blank yet terribly disappointed stare.

Y/n: "You broke BOTH of your hands, one of which you broke TWICE." Y/n said angrily. "What happened to using 5% only?"

Izuku: "I couldn't just do nothing when Todoroki was hurting himself."

Y/n: "So you went and hurt him yourself."

Izuku: "Saying it like that makes it sound worse when it was." The greenett retorted.

Y/n: "So Todoroki had some deep seated hatred towards his father, which caused him to fully reject the hot part of his Quirk. He told you and you decided to egg him on till he uses his flames." Y/n began to summarize what Izuku had told him. "Flames which, might I add, he had not used since the day he unlocked them ten years ago, meaning his control is worse then your control over your Quirk." With a sigh Y/ns glare turned into a sad look of worry. "Listen Izu, your heroic heart is without compare, you priotize everyone else above yourself. I am certain that out of all of Class 1-A you are by far the one most likely to become the next number one. But look at your hands." Izuku did so, his eyes taking in every new scar and the slightly bent didgets. "Even Recovery Girls Quirk could not fully heal you this time. If you continue like this, going way past your limit, breaking your body, you will not be able to become a hero. Prosthetics have come far, but few will be able to handle your Quirk, if you can even channel it through the artificial limb. I am lucky my quirk creates an aura I can force to envelope other things then just my body, but I doubt yours can do the same. And YOU!" Todoroki suddenly froze under Y/ns stare, the slurping sound of the heterochromatic boy drinking a milkshake stopped. The boy looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

Todoroki: "What?" He asked confused.

Y/n: "Stop being an idiot. Holding back your Quirk to spite your father is not the way to go. Hell you could have called Child Protective Services on him, even the number two hero can't weasel his way out of that. You had the scars to show for it and your siblings could have been called in as witnesses. But ok, you did not want to go that far, I get it, but you could have become your own Hero without the reasoning behind it being spite. You could have used your Quirk without his training, showing that you are your own person, not his little project. " Y/n look softened. "You could have talked to me. I know saying that we are friends is still a bit far fetched yet I know you know you can talk to me if you need anything."

Todoroki: "Sure." The boy looked a bit uncomfortable in this new situation. "Thank you. Both of you."

Izuku: "You are welcome." Izuku smiled.

Y/n: "Good, I will now go and have a panic attack." Y/n said as he got up. "If you hear me screaming just ignore it." Closing the door behind him Y/n began to have a mental break down as he was about to face Bakugo. Sure he had fought the explosive teen countless times, winning each and every fight, but those were in settings were they were surrounded by other students, cheering, distracting. Now, it will be just the two of them.

That in itself was not the biggest problem. Bakugos Quirk is an easy distraction, either from the bright explosion or the smoke, but then again, Bakugo has great instincts.

A few minutes pass till Present Mic announced the end of the battle between Iida and Tokoyami, which Tokoyami had won. Now it was time for the semi-finals. Y/n was going to face Bakugo and Todoroki was facing Tokoyami.

No matter if he wins or loses he will have to fight two times. Against Bakugo and, depending on if he wins and who had won in their fight, Todoroki or Tokoyami.

Present Mic: "FOR THE FIRST FIGHT IN THE SEMI-FINALS WE HAVE ONE BLAST OF A FIGHT! HE HAS THE TEMPER OF A BUNCH OF DYNAMITE AND A FUSE SHORTER THAN THAT! KATSUKI BAKUGO!" It was clear that the crowd liked his Quirk yet disliked the person using it. "HIS OPPONENT HAS PROVEN THAT HE CAN AND WILL FIGHT WITH EVERYTHING HE HAS GOT! HE WON HIS FIGHT AGAINST KIRISHIMA AND MOVED ON TO WIN AGAINST IBARA, NOW HE STANDS READY FOR THE NEXT FIGTH, WHAT WILL HE SURPRISE US WITH NEXT?! IT IS Y/N KUROKAGE!!" This time the cheers felt more genuine, less powerful, but more genuine.