Chapter 27: Another encounter

*This was requested by @skittleshirh , Thank you so much for supporting me, my friend :)

This is not my best work, I'm sorry, I still have some assignments that I needed to pass. The deadline is in the next hour but it's worth it making this first, screw school

Note: This is only a short chapter, I will try to make a long one as soon as I finish my FREAKING school requirements, I'm sorry :-:

-

After waiting for the sun to set, the darkened clouds now filled the skies, making a stormy view above, almost like it was about to rain. 

I stayed in my room for a few hours, still trying to process everything that happened earlier. I didn't have the courage nor the strength to talk to any of my siblings. Even if they kept knocking on my door several times, I never answered it. 

I kept asking myself, why did they lie? Why did they never tell me about my parents' death? I thought I could trust them. 

Even thinking about the events that happened earlier really makes my anger towards myself and everything at this point, worsen.

But one thing was still on my mind, the vision of her yelling my name as I walk out of the door. "Dash..." I muttered to myself. 

When I stormed out of Rarity's place, I took one last glance at her. She looked so devastated yet so serious. But knowing her after all these years, I could really tell whenever she really meant her words. And this was one of them.

"Was she telling the truth?" 

I just let out a soft sigh and slowly grabbed my phone on the nightstand beside me, swiping it open to check my home screen. 

But when I saw what's highlighted on my wallpaper, I forcefully gritted my teeth and slammed my phone onto the bed. 

"Danm you, Dash, you changed my wallpaper again, dumbass," I muttered softly. "How the hell do you even know my password?"

I just shook my thoughts away and checked the time, ignoring all the incoming notifications from all of my friends. Most of them were from Rainbow Dash, but I don't really give a danm about her right now. 

"It's time." I forced a smile. 

Now that the close was clear, I sat up on the bed and rubbed my weary eyes. I was still tired from all the crying, but still, I knew one thing is still not done. 

I brushed my hair with my hand and wore my hat, walking to the mirror afterward. I then yawned and stared into my own reflection. 

"What happened to you?" 

Moments later, my eyes quickly widened as soon as I realize something. I looked down and held my upper clothing. 

"Oh sh*t, I'm still wearing Dash's jacket-" I gasped. "Don't panic, I could just burn this If I wanted to." 

After removing it, I quickly threw it on the corner before grabbing another shirt. I can still smell Rainbow's scent on my body, but I tried my best to ignore it. 

When I was about to peek outside the window, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. When I flicked it open, I saw a message from the only person I could trust as of now.

"You ready?" She asked through our chat.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I texted back before slipping my phone back into my pocket.

Now that I have received her message, I figured she's already waiting for me in the park. Because I couldn't properly type nor text back when I got home, Rarity decided to talk face-to-face. 

Even if I want to be alone for now, I gladly accepted her help rather than denying it like what I did to the rest of my friends. 

And more importantly, "I could never say no to her." 

With that, I carefully made my way to my door, slowly opening it to avoid any suspicion from any of my family. 

Now that it's dark, I know they're already sleeping which allows me to run for it. I usually do this with Dash but... Who cares about that two-sided bastard?

Knowing our neighborhood just makes it worst, walking outside at night is highly dangerous for us women. Not to mention that I and Rainbow almost got killed by a gang scouting this place. 

But none of it matters to me at the time. I just shook my thoughts away and ran out of the house after locking it. 

The flicking lamp pose, the laughter of several men heard in the distance, at the gloomy darkened skies, its obvious that I might become a quick target for them. 

I forced out a weakened laugh and cracked my knuckles. "Nothing's gonna stop me from talking to her." 

And in that exact moment, I felt someone approaching me from behind. 

"Surprise asshole!" 

-

*3rd person pov

A purple-haired teen was seen sitting alone on a bench, she continued dialing her friend's phone but she never answered. 

Rarity sighed. "Where are you, Applejack?" 

She then placed down her phone and glanced around the dark place. A woman like her could be a possible target since she was all alone in the park. Luckily, Rarity knew this too well. 

The poor teen started to worry about her friend, despite how late the time is, she could also hear screaming and yelling in the distance. 

"What's going on there?" She worriedly asked herself, standing up from her seat to take a peek outside the gate. 

But before she could even take another step forward, another male voice screamed in pain but this time, it sounded like it was closer and louder. 

The fashionista gasped and stepped back, grabbing her pepper spray from her pocket to ready her defensive stance. 

"Stay calm, Rarity. I only have to wait for her." 

But instead of yelling or begging for mercy from whoever screamed in agony, the place unexpectedly went silent. 

Rarity arched an eyebrow and lowered her self defense weapon. But at that exact moment, something appeared in front of the gate. 

"THUMP!" a man fell in front of the gate, making Rarity's eyes go wide. 

She started to get anxious as she shakingly pointed her pepper spray in front. "Who are you, get away from me!" 

The man didn't respond. But another voice was heard in a different direction. 

"He's down, calm down." A familiar tone replied to the scared teen. 

Rarity immediately recognized that accent which made her glance around the park to find the voice's direction. 

When she turned back to the gate, she saw a teen approaching her but she couldn't get a clear view since the lampost in the pathway was broken.

After the unknown teen took another step closer to the only working lampost under Rarity, a smile irresistibly formed in the teen's face as she realized who it was. 

"A-Applejack! What happened to you?!" 

The cowgirl smirked. "I encountered an old friend." She started before leaning closer to her friend to give her a quick hug. 'Oh yeah, I need to tell you somethin', Rarity. "

Rarity arched an eyebrow, showing slight confusion. "What is it, are you okay now, did you get hurt?!" 

"No." Applejack calmly replied after looking over her shoulder. "We're not safe here." 

"We need to run, now."