I DONT HATE YOU.

izzie was just pulled into a closet by someone as she and christian were following octavia out the door.

"hey what the f-" izzie started to yell before brandon turned on the closet light and put a hand over her mouth, "it's just me.." he started, izzie's eyes started to widen, "it's just me."

she quickly removed his hand, "dude what is wrong with you?"

"before you start, id just like to apologize." she was a little confused, "i just mean you don't have to help me if you don't want to. ill leave you alone for real. i see now that you REALLY hate me so ill stop messaging you and everything else."

the coat closet wasn't that large considering the size of ethans house. the pair were barely 5 inches away from each other. izzie was thinking of something witty yet defensive to say but she hesitated.

"i don't hate you." was all that came out of her mouth. brandon's previously apologetic face quickly became confused, "then why won't you talk to me?"

izzie examined his face, she could tell he was being serious, "you really don't remember do you?"

"i literally have no idea what you're referring to." he said shaking his head. she was thinking of accepting what he said and leaving but then she remembered her conversation with christian. she had also remembered that her bestfriend was probably out there crying.

"are you gonna say something or-" brandon said snapping her out of her thoughts.

she made a move to open the door when he grabbed her hand and moved in front of her, "before you go, are we good?"

they were now face to face less than an inch apart, "brandon i really gotta go." she whispered.

"yes or no, isabella?" he whispered back.

meanwhile christian had actually made it to octavia..

octavia was silently crying on the front steps of ethan's house. thankfully for her, everyone was inside.

christian looked at her from a few steps behind, he tried to come up with the right words and came up with nothing. he slowly sat beside her in silence.

she looked up from her hands and fake laughed, "aw great. just what i needed, someone seeing me crying." christian still didn't know what to say.

"i look horrible don't i?" she asked through a sniffle while putting her face back into her palms.

christian finally spoke, "you look beautiful. you always do."

octavia once again picked her head up, this time slowly and actually looking at him. she noticed how sincere his eyes were. she gave him a light smile in which he returned. she started to wipe her eyes and christian got up.

he held his hand out to help her up. she took it, hesitantly and got up from the steps. while dusting herself off, she tried to treat the awkwardness by breaking the silence, "thank you."

christian gave a light chuckle, "don't mention it." this was his attempt at nonchalant. she couldn't tell but inside he was going crazy, this was the most he's ever talked to her and couldn't believe it.

back at izzie and brandon..

izzie looked back and forth from brandon's eyes to his lips. he was really close and she really needed to go see about octavia, "ill literally help you practice if you move." she let out.

he finally let go of her hand, "wait seriously?" he asked with widened eyes.

"yes. now please move before i change my mind." izzie said going back to her usual witty comments.

brandon quickly stepped aside and let her open the closet door. he didn't think this would be what made her help him.

izzie stumbled out of the closet and made her way to the door not looking back. he watched, basically fist pumping the air.

she finally got outside and saw octavia standing at the bottom of the steps with christian. she wasn't crying, she was just standing there awkwardly.

izzie inched down the stairs, not wanting to interrupt in case the pair were having a moment. her shoe scraped against one of the steps causing them to jump apart.

izzie winced at her unsubtly, "h-hey guys.. i just was checking if o wanted to go home." octavia and christian still stood in an awkward silence making izzie continue nervously, "mhm okay but if you guys were busy ill go wait inside.."

octavia quickly ran up the steps grabbing her arm, "nope! nope! we are all good, just talking." octavia bum rushed izzie down the steps passing christian, "uh thanks..." she paused trying to remember his name, "thanks cameron for staying out here with me." christian smiles reassuringly as the girls walk away.

he mumbles when they're far enough, "it's.. christian."

a.n. heyy.