RULE NUMBER 1.

the bell rang signaling the end of 5th period. people began flooding the hallways and moving to their next classes.

izzie began walking down the stairs from the third floor to go to the first. she just came from pre-calc where mrs. abrams seemed to be having a bad day because now she was carrying two sheets of math homework due the next day.

when izzie reached the second floor she bumped into brandon.

"where you coming from taylor." he said stopping at the step below her. izzie rolled her eyes, "pre-calc, why?"

"when do you have lunch?" he asked looking her up and down. they began to switch positions so that she was on the step heading down and he was on the step going up. the swarm of students going up and down the stairs slowly dispersed.

"now." she said looking like she was going to leave. brandon caught her and put his arm around her shoulders leading her back up the stairs, "so do i."

"then why are you making me come with you to the second floor?" she asked sighing.

brandon smirked as he held up his binder, "my locker is on the second floor."

the pair walked through the empty hallway towards his locker. izzie made sure to drag her feet the whole way.

when they finally reached his locker, at the end of the end of the hallway, brandon opened it and began shuffling through some papers.

"please tell me that's all from today and you cleared your locker out last year on the last day like everyone else.." izzie said nervously watching him stuff his binder in the locker.

brandon shrugged as if to say, he didn't clear it out and who cares. she raised her eyebrows, "see i was gonna ask if i could just put my binder in here until lunch was over but now i'd rather not."

he quickly shut his locker and threw his arm around her as he guided her to the stairs.

izzie jumped at the sudden gesture, "you know there's no one around, right?"

brandon turned his head to meet her eyes, "i'm practicing. we are about to put on the performance of our lives." he chuckled to himself as izzie groaned.

he released his arm from around her and immediately started towards her cheeks making sure to give one a good pinch, "why so grumpy? it's lunch!" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

izzie made sure to hide the smile forming on her face.

**

the pair made it to the cafeteria and sat down next to each other at the table with their lunches.

"our first appearance as a couple," brandon started as he put his arm back around her. "she's behind us, to the right." he whispered in her ear.

izzie made a move to get out of his arms, "who?" she asked turning her head to look. she turned around to see marceline and rowan sitting at a table together. quickly, she turned back around and scooted closer to brandon, "oh right."

a few moments later, ethan and christian came up to the table with their trays.

"i told mr. perez that i took spanish last year and he told me to get out of his office?" ethan groaned, taking a seat.

christian sat down beside him, opposite izzie, "what did you expect him to do? take you out of the class right there and give you his deepest apologies?"

"well no but.." ethan started before changing the subject, "what about when you went to your fancy british school? did you guys have to take spanish three times?"