I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

**

izzie tried to detach herself from her frustration as she waited for brandon to arrive

while pacing back and forth, the doorbell finally rung. she opened the door slowly as she shifted to the side to let him in.

the pair walked up to her room in silence to talk. izzie sat in a pretzel in her window as brandon stood awkwardly.

brandon stared at her nervously awaiting for her to speak first. just when he thought he knew how to read her she surprises him. he just wanted to see where her head was at.

izzie sighed breaking the silence, "you know brandon, i think we can end it now."

brandon had to stop himself from letting his jaw drop as she continued, "i mean, you got marceline and you got your try outs soon. i also think people have been way more accepting of me lately, more than usual."

he moved so that their eyes met. she looked at him and it was almost painful, "we both got what we wanted. so it's okay."

"bullshit." was all brandon said stepping closer. "that's not what this is about."

izzie straightened her back defensively, "i don't care, okay? we both knew what this was and i hope you and marcel-"

brandon interrupted, "again bullshit. before the party, and before you saw me leave with her you were already avoiding me."

"we had a deal. you held up your end and i held up mine. we don't have to do this anymore." she said fidgeting with her hands.

"that's not why you're doing this. because i can tell you right now that nothing happened between marceline and i and nothing ever will. but that's not your concern." at this point brandon wanted to say it all, just in case this was his last chance.

izzie got up from her seat, feeling attacked, "then what is it, huh? since you know so much brandon what's my concern?"

"you're scared. you're scared that this is real and that you might actually feel something for me but that wasn't your plan and you're scared."

izzie knew he was right but she wasn't going to tell him that. the hopeful part of her was happy to hear nothing happened between him and marceline. another part of her wanted to lay it all out on the table. and the other part of her wanted this conversation to end.

"and what if i am!" the words flew out of her mouth before she could stop them.

"you don't have to be." brandon sighed. "why does it have to be all of this, why cant we just go back to how it was?" he said the last part picking up her hand.

"you don't get it." izzie said pulling away. "it's hard." she was near her desk and reached in one of the drawers for the contract. "rule number 4."

she handed him the contract. "i tried not to. trust me but you're so-"

"who cares." brandon said because he wasn't sure where she was going. but he was pretty sure she meant she loved him. "we don't have to worry about all of that all that matters is what we say and how we feel right now."

izzie started to tear up, "you don't understand how it feels. it's not the same for me. when i saw you leave with her my heart sank. maybe i don't want to end this but what i feel for you hurts. after we kissed nothing was the same and im not going to put myself through that." she told him in all honesty.

"i don't want to lose anymore people." she broke down, obviously referring to her dad.

brandon rushed in to give her a hug. it was like his hug broke the dam inside of her and she cry became heavier. he whispered in her ear, "im not your dad okay? im not going anywhere, no matter what you say. im all in."

izzie wrapped her arms around him as her cry died down. he repeated it to insure she really heard him, "im not going anywhere."

**