WHAT WAS THAT EARLIER?

"sh.." the person sitting beside marceline whispered. she simply rolled her eyes and continued clicking at her pen. they were in history and were supposed to be answering the questions that were being presented on the board.

marceline had been clicking for about 10 minutes when rowan finally got fed up, "mar, are you done?" rowan had been sitting behind her.

marceline finally put the pen down and turned in her seat, "okay, i know you already told me but.." she sighed before continued, "do you really think they'll last?"

rowan made a face, "do you want the truth or the supportive bestfriend sugarcoated version?"

"uhh, the supportive bestfriend sugarcoated version, i think."

rowan ran her hands through her hair, "i don't think they will last. they definitely have no sort of chemistry and they don't look like they like each other at all.." rowan paused and caught a glimpse of marceline's less than satisfied face. "im sensing you don't want me to keep going."

marceline turned back around in her seat, picked up the pen and went at it again.

**

the bell rang signaling the end of 6th period. brandon left his class with his binder in hand. he pulled out his phone to text isabella to find out her whereabouts.

brandon couldn't shake the feeling that isabella was avoiding him and obviously lying

brandon couldn't shake the feeling that isabella was avoiding him and obviously lying. he stared at his phone while leaning on a locker and waiting for a reply from her.

just when her typing bubble appeared, so did marceline. "brandon." she said standing beside him.

he looked up from his phone, reluctantly, "and how may i help you marceline?"

she rolled her eyes and stood on her heels, "what was that earlier?"

brandon sighed and played dumb, "i have no idea what you are talking about."

the act he was putting on made marceline uneasy. she wasn't exactly in the mood for it, "what are you doing with her? really?"

he furrowed his eyebrows, "if by her, you mean isabella, im not doing anything."

marceline let out a breath, she didn't know she was holding. this moment of relief was brief.

brandon continued, "but we are dating. is that a problem?"

his eyes challenged hers. it was quiet for a moment, not counting the people walking throughout the hallway.

she couldn't tell herself why she cared so much, maybe it was him moving on first, or maybe it was the fact that she wasn't ready to admit what she thought she knew.

brandon interrupted her internal conflict, "you broke up with me, remember?" he removed his self from the locker doors, "if you want me to stop, say that."

this was brandon actually trying. no more games. no more 'i don't care'. the truth.

marceline stayed still, silent. there was a moment of hesitation. and then she sighed. that's it.

"that's all i needed to hear." he said before walking away.

a.n. they so lost in the sauce idk 😭