ITS NOT STUPID, I GET IT.

"so your mom's supposed to be picking us up right?" ethan asked christian as they all held up their suitcases outside of the airport.

"if she remembers.." ava mumbled to herself.

the boys all glanced at her. she simply rolled her eyes and pretended not to notice.

"yeah, she should be here any minute." christian answered. it was almost as if he was trying to convince hisself.

brandon was trying to guess izzie's passcode to her phone. after three tries he tried her birthday, april 27th, her phone unlocked and he immediately went to call his phone.

he looked through her contacts trying to find his name. he started towards the y names thinking she'd have him as yorke. since it was his preferred name.

he was disappointed but not surprised when he saw this:

"of course." he mumbled to himself before clicking on the contact to call.

the phone rang about twice when izzie finally picked up.

"hello?" izzie whispered, kind of groggy.

"it seems we've got ourselves into quite the situation." he said, cheekily.

"brandon, it's 8 am." she said, obviously tired.

"you miss me?" he asked, jokingly.

"no." izzie said, it sounded like she was rolling over in bed.

"well, about the phones?" he asked finally getting to the point of the phone call.

"yeah, um ill just hold onto yours until you get back and i guess you could do the same. just don't—" she paused to yawn, you could tell she moved the phone away for it, "just don't text anyone as me." she continued.

"it's so cute when you tell me what to do." he flirted. he could never tell if he was being serious, or joking like he usually does with girls, when 'flirting' with isabella. he knew she always dismissed it though.

"goodbye brandon." she said before hanging up.

he smiled at the phone. his daily dose of annoying izzie.

he walked back over to the group when christian exclaimed, "finally!"

christian was gesturing towards the black suv that pulled up, "she's here."

ava slowly looked up at her mom in the car. she was honestly surprised she made it.

mrs. smith rolled down the window of the passengers seat, "hop on in you guys."

the boys went to put their suitcases in the trunk and christian put ava's in for her.

all except ava made their way to fit in the backseats of the car when ava's mom spoke, "hey ava, why don't you sit up here with me?"

ava was reluctant. she didn't wanna be with her mom, let alone staying the week with her. ultimately she got in the passengers seat but she made sure to put her headphones on full volume.

over at rowan's..

marceline basically jumped onto rowan's lovesac, "where are your parents?" she asked popping a gummy worm into her mouth.

"on a spiritual retreat for a week. they go on one every other month. how many times do you need to get in touch with your inner self a year?" she said taking a seat on her bed.

marceline just sat there and listened to her talk, she sensed she had more to say. it's become a sort of comfort when to her when rowan spoke more than two sentences at a time. she made sure to never interrupt or seem disinterested.

"it's like," rowan continued as she clutched onto one of the pillows on her bed, "i should be happy right? having the house to myself and parents that i don't have to hide weed or anything like that from but it's weird i don't know how to explain it. i want them to be more mature, if that makes sense. it's stupid."

rowan looked as though she didn't really like talking about herself. marceline noticed and got up to sit beside her, "no it's not stupid. i get it."

marci's reassurance meant a lot to rowan. although she was liked by most, she never really had a friend. she was more of a lone wolf.

"enough about me!" rowan exclaimed, pulling marci back into the bed along with herself. "let's watch the movie."

a

a.n. cute <3