15

The next morning Naruto was the first to wake up. He sat up and looked down at Sasuke with a warm smile on his face before a blush came up once he had remembered what had happened. He pulled on his boxers, wincing at the pain in his lower back and stumbled out of the tent giving a slight shiver at the morning's chilly air.

He walked to a nearby tree and Relieved himself. Once done he started to walk back to the tent when he was grabbed and pinned, a hand covering his mouth. Naruto kicked and wiggled trying to get free when a familiar male voice spoke in his ear.

"Kid calm down I'm just here to check on my brother " he said before he released him and Naruto spun around and panted as he caught his breath from the surprise.

"Couldn't you just come up like a normal person?!" Naruto hissed at him and rubbed his wrist a bit.

"Sorry I didn't need you yelling and waking him up" Itachi said and smiled as he backed up a bit.

"And who's to say I won't do it now?" he asked as he arched a brow looking the male up and down. Itachi simply shook his head and moved towards the tent. When he opened the flap he found Sasuke already dressed and getting everything prepared to leave.

"I'm not going back" he warned as he turned to face his brother, a hard look in his eyes.

"You'll have to tell mom and dad, tell them goodbye for me"

"I'll be damned if I'm going to tell them anything," Itachi said his face set that of the stern face of their father. "I don't mind you leaving but you're gonna have to do it the right way. Request a mission to go after him, say goodbye to your parents, eat a good dinner" he said as he kept eye contact with the teen.

"You should do what he says," Naruto said as he stood outside the tent with his arms crossed.

"What? You're taking his side?!" Sasuke said as he got by his brother and moved to stand in front of him. Naruto looked up to the males dark eyes and nodded.

"You need to say goodbye, if you don't you're gonna regret it. Besides i'm gonna wait on you idiot" he said and smiled at him gently.

"You better wait on me dobe," Sasuke said as he turned from him to hide the beginnings of tears. He blinked them away and turned back to him and tilted the blondes chin up and kissed him softly. "You better wait" he said once as he pulled away, Naruto giving a soft whine as he did so.

"You know I will" he said almost in a pouty tone. Itachi laughed at this and slung an arm around his brother.

"Alright, I'm gonna get him back before they have the whole village after him"itachi said and with a slight bow disappeared, his brother in tow. Naruto lowered his hand that was mid wave and sighed as he started to pack up everything and get dressed.

Itachi and Sasuke appeared in front of the village, the guards who were supposed to keep watch jolted awake and waved them in once they saw who it was. They walked through the village, watching as vendors sold their wares, people looking delighted when they got a meal from a favorite shop, kids running through the streets playing games of tag, hide and seek or ninja.

"You're sure you're not gonna miss this place?" Itachi asked as they made their way into the compound where they received several waves and nods as they walked through. Sasuke mulled over this as they walked and sighed.

"Don't get me wrong, it's where I was born and raised, this is where I have a lot of my firsts but....its not home.... Not anymore" he said and lowered his gaze to his feet once they got to the house.

"Trust me I'll know more than you can ever think" Itachi commented as they removed their shoes in the entryway and walked to the dining room to find their parents. Mikoto looked up from her cooking while Fugaku simply continued to read the newspaper.

"Sasuke, I'm so glad your home!" Mikoto cried out and went to hug her youngest before she hugged her oldest.

"Come sit breakfast is almost ready"she insisted as he moved back to the stove to finish cooking. The boys nodded as they sat down, Sasuke fiddling with his fingers, debating with himself how to tell his parents he would be gone. Once the table was set Fugaku set his paper down and took a bite before looking at Sasuke.

"So where were you last night?" he asked and Sasuke almost choked over his bite of food. After clearing his throat of the bite of food and looking down at the table.

"I uh...I went camping" he said, blushing a bit as he thought back to his previous night. Itachi laughed a bit out loud before shaking his head at his parents questioning looks. Sasuke elbowed him before coughing a bit shaking his head.

"I'm gonna ask the Hokage for a mission that's going to have me gone away for a while" Sasuke Bit out quickly and refused to look at his parents.

"Well what's the mission?" Mikoto asked as she calmly took a bite of her food.

"I.. I'm going to look for Naruto again, there's been some..hints as to where he's at and i think i can get him this time" he said, finally looking up at them, biting his lip a bit.

"Why is this boy so important to you?" his father asked, his eyes steeled as he looked on at him.

"He... we...I... I love him" he whispered and looked down once more, now too nervous to look at them with the information out.

"Then go after him" Mikoto said, a soft smile on her face as he looked at her youngest son

"You have our blessing" she said and slowly Fugaku nodded in agreement. Sasuke's eyes filled with tears as he looked up at them.

"Thank you" he replied and bowed his head in gratitude. "I'll leave out tomorrow morning"