12

Three years had passed and Naruto had yet come back to the village. Sasuke sat on the dock, the days training over with. He had passed the chunin exams. Team Seven had gotten a new member in Naruto's absence. His name was Sai. He was nothing like Naruto.

"Just forget me for awhile" Naruto had told him. Sasuke had tried, but the next morning after his memory's had flooded back, he had cried so violently at the loss, his shardingon had awoken. Now everytime he used it, he would think about his blonde. About their relationship, and how he had not come back even when Sasuke begged him to.

Sasuke's hand curled into a fist and he slammed it down into the dock, wood splintering. A sudden burst of pain from his shoulder had him taking deep breaths. Itachi explained that he must keep him emotions, especially his anger, under control so the curse mark wouldn't consume him. But it was so hard to keep them in check.

Naruto worked on his sage mode sensory as he and tobi took a break from the intensive training. He was trying to become a sensory type more than a 'run in and try to attack' and this would boost it tremendously. Naruto sat and breathed deeply feeding off the nature chakra around him as he tried to push his awareness further out. Tobi sat and watched him a smile forming. He was doing extremely well. Naruto's eyes shot open a moment later.

"He's here!" He said excitedly as he stood.
Sasuke was here. Naruto disappeared a moment later appearing outside the hide out.

Sasuke was in his normal uchiha garb, this one a dark blue as he ran and let loose for once, his target boulders, trees and anything that gave resistance. Itachi thought it might be a good idea for him to do this since he had to hold back for so long. He was about to throw another punch when a blur of blonde tackled him from out of nowhere. Not recognizing who it was he immediately went on the defensive and pushed the male off and held him down by his throat. Naruto grinned from under him and Sasuke, once he had gotten a good look at who it was, quickly got up and moved back.

"Sasuke! It's so good to see you!" The blonde male said excitedly, ever his energetic self. He was still in sage mode, the dark orange around his eyes, and the eyes themselves a deep gold with a horizontal slit in them. Sasuke shook his head and rubbed at his eyes. He was so close...barely 20 miles from the village, he had been here the whole time...he could scarcely believe it.
He rushed forwarding tackles the blonde in a tight hug, burying his face into the males shoulder, short sobs erupted through him.

He pulled away after a moment and hit him upside the head.
"You damn idiot! I could have hurt you!" He yelled and backed away a bit as his curse mark burned ever so slightly.

"But you didn't and that's what matters" naruto said cheekily as he moved in to hold the male close
"It's alright, I'm ok and so are you" he mumbled and kissed his temple. A moment later tobi appeared, his arms crossed.

"Hate to break up a touching reouion but naruto you are not yet don't with your training" he said his voice low and a bit harsh as he watched to blonde slowly pull away from the ravenette. Sasuke immediately stepped in front of naruto and gave a snarl.

"He's not going anywhere with you!" He yelled and flipped a kuni in his hand. Tobi simply chuckled as he walked a bit closer.
"Ahh Sasuke, I've heard a lot about you ya know" he said as he moved closer walking around him a bit. Sasuke moves with him, his eyes never leaving the males.

"Come on tobi can't I just have one day with him?" Naruto whined as he walked towards the male, pouting. Sasuke reaches out for him, his eyes wide. How could naruto pick a stranger over him? As he moved forward he hit a invisible force keeping him back. He growled in outrage and pounded on it and screamed.

Naruto winced a bit but kept his eyes on tobi.
"Please? It's been forever since I've seen him and you won't let me go to the village anymore" he whined and tobi sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I suppose you could spend the day with him, but once 24 hours is up it's right back to training. No going to the village, no showing him the hideout and don't foster his notions about you going back with him. It's just cruel and unjust" he said and looked at him
"Is that understood?" He asked and naruto nodded vigorously
"Alright then, tomorrow at 11:23 I expect you back in the base." He said and disappeared.

The force holding Sasuke back was released and he stumbled forward. Naruto caught him and with a bright smile he hugged him tightly.
"We have a whole day! Let's go swimming! I know this great spot not far from here, it will be so much fun! It sure is great to see you again!" Naruto rambles and started to drag Sasuke forwards.

Almost as if in a trance Sasuke followed and nodded blinking sluggishly. He was almost confused as to what had just happened however he was too wrapped up in being able to hear naruto that he simply didn't care.

After a bit of walking, they came to a small waterfall and pool. Naruto stopped and breathed deeply, smiling at the picturesque view. He slowly started to strip, down to his boxers and proceeded to jump in, slightly splashing Sasuke in the process.

He nearly jumped out of his skin and looked at the male with a scowl.
"Come on join me the water feels great!" Naruto called and Sasuke, grumbling the entire time as he stripped, slowly waded into the pool.

A/N: hey guys. Sorry for the long wait, I know it's been forever. Um thanks to those who read and added this story to their reading lists, im supper glad you liked it. Hopefully the next chapter will be out sooner rather than later! Thank you again for reading, have a great day!