3

Naruto and Sasuke walked through the streets, the sun continuing its downward decent.

"Where are we going?" Sasuke asked.
"To my house, do you think you can get back by yourself?" Naruto asked his face concerned.
Sasuke nodded.
"Yeah I'll be fine" he said waving a hand. Soon they arrived at a building that was broken down and in bad need of repairs.

"Naruto, this is where you live?" Sasuke asked, disbelief written on his face. He looked over to the boy who had his head hung in shame.

"Yeah, its well, its all I can afford" he mumbled and Sasuke cursed himself. He had forgotten that he lived alone with no one to care for him.

"Alright well goodnight Sasuke, I"ll see you tomorrow" Naruto said a bright grin plastered on his face.
Sasuke waved a hand and mouthed bye to the blonde who was now making his way to the building. He stood about halfway however and turned back around racing for the uchiha.

Naruto grasped Sasuke in a hug muttering a 'thank you' before racing off again leaving the raven haired boy with a sudden blush. He walked back home with a smile on his face.

When Sasuke got home he was confronted by his brother.
"Sasuke, where were you?" Itachi asked.

"Uh well you see my friend-" the blush and smile returned- "needed someone to walk him home because not a whole lot of people like him, so I offered to walk him home"

Itachi stared at the younger uchiha before him and squatted down to his level.

"Whats his name? Perhaps I know him." Now what Sasuke didn't know was even if Itachi Didn't know them, he would find out from the files on all the citizens of the village that he had access to.

"Naruto uzamaki" the boy said and Itachi gave a surprised expression.

"You made him your friend?" Sasuke nodded.
"Yeah a shop keeper was being rude to him and called him demon, so I intervened and we have been friends ever since." Sasuke concluded and Itachi nodded.
Sasuke was about to head to his room when Itachi grabbed his hand pulling him back.

"Have you eaten yet?" Itachi questioned and Sasuke shook his head.
"Come on then" Itachi said and took his brother into the kitchen.

The next few days went by with more ease, and the two boys settled into a comfortable schedule. Sasuke started to slowly develop feelings for the other boy as well but never brought it up, terrified that it would hurt their freindship.
As well he didn't know how to tell his parents he might be interested in a boy. 

"Hey Naruto!" Sasuke greeted from the top desk of their classroom. He had showed up early so Itachi could take him before he had to leave on a mission.
The blonde had strode into the room his head down, but lifted his head when he heard Sasuke's greeting. Thats when Sasuke saw the handprint.

"Naruto who did this?" The boy growled as he climbed down from his spot to place a hand over the mark. Naruto flinched back.

"Its nothing Sasuke, can we just go sit down please?" Naruto begged as he looked at all the students staring at them.

"It is a big deal Naru, there is a handprint on you! Do you know how hard someone had to hit you for this to even show up?!"

"Sasuke, come on lets just go sit down" the blonde pleaded. Sasuke glanced around the room and met many of the glaring eyes.
"Alright" the Uchiha relented.
They took their seats as the teacher walked into the room.

"We will discuss this later" Sasuke said, his voice firm. Naruto nodded, knowing it was going to happen one way or the other, and he should probably just go with it.

The day passed quickly for the blonde who was dreading the confrontation with his friend, but it dragged on for the uchiha who was ready to get to the bottom of who had hurt his blonde.

The final bell rang allowing the children to go out of the building. The young uchiha dragged his blonde out of the building behind him. Said blonde had his arms crossed with a terrified look on his face. He had wished Sasuke would have walked with him that morning. If he had then maybe that shop owner would have been nicer, but then Sasuke would have seen the present he wanted to get him.

Sasuke finally stopped at their park and sat the blonde in a swing.
He stood looking down at the boy, his arms crossed.

"Who did it?" Sasuke questioned. The blonde stayed stubbornly silent.
"Who did it?!" Sasuke yelled.

"Why do you care?" Naruto whispered.
Sasuke didn't answer.
"Why do you care so much about me?!" Naruto yelled and stood up from the swings.
Sasuke mumbled something to were Naruto couldn't hear it.

"What?"
"I said because I love you! I care about you!"
Naruto was stunned. Someone loved him. Tears started to stream down his face.

"But why?" He cried sinking down into the ground.
"Because you are you Naru. You are amazing, and vibrant, thats why I love you" Sasuke said.

They graduated two years later and was placed on the same team, team seven, along with a fan girl named Sakura Haruno. They were waiting for their sensei to show up.

Naruto was laying on Sasuke's shoulder, getting comfortable, when Sakura came over.

"Get off of my Sasuke you idiot!" She yelled and went to go yank Naruto off the Uchiha when he turned and glared at her.

"If you touch him I will rip your arm off" he said calmly making her gulp and back away in fear.

Naruto looked up at Sasuke before getting up making the uchiha let out a grunt of disapproval.

"Naru what are you doing?" He questioned as Naruto grabbed an eraser and a chair before dragging it to the open door.

"Setting up a prank for our sensei" Naruto said as he placed the eraser door and the wall. Sasuke shook his head and closed his eyes.

"Alright but when you get done come sit back down with me"

"Alright" Naruto said and placed the final touches on his prank.

Suddenly Sakura spoke up.
"Are you two together?" She asked making Sasuke peer open an eye.

"What does it matter to you?"
She scrunched her face up.

"Because its gross"

Sasuke jumped up, his chair squealed as it was pushed against the flooring.

"You take that back" Sasuke seethed but Sakura shook her head.

"My parents say its gross, so its gross" she said and turned her nose up in the air.

The door opened and the eraser fell dusting a tall silver haired male with chalk dusting.