2

When the academy let out that afternoon, naruto was the last one out. He watched as everyone else was picked up by their family members.

Naruto walked home, his head roaming. He wondered why he had no parents, why everyone was cruel to him. Tears rolled down his face. No one cared about him, and if they did, then where were they?

Sasuke watched the blonde from afar. He had told his parents he would walk home alone today, and they agreed to it. So that was how he followed the blonde.

He watched as tears rolled down the blonde's face. Sasuke squinted his eyes in confusion. Why was he crying? Someone yelled at him, and threw a rock at him causing his face to bleed. Sasuke's face grew angry and he stomped up to where the shop owner stood.

"What the hell do you think your doing?" Sasuke yelled and the owner jumped in surprise.

"Uchiha-san! Well I was just running off this here demon from my shop!" The man said and chuckled.
"Bad for business you know"

"No whats bad for business is me telling my father just how bad you treat your customers!" Sasuke seethed and looked around for the blonde. He sat there, shock written all over his face.

"Come on" he said and grabbed the blondes hand. Naruto took it and Sasuke led him away from them to a small park. No children was there so they sat on the swings.

"Are you alright?" Sasuke questioned. Naruto nodded his head.

"Yeah, I'll be alright" Naruto said as he wiped at the blood and tears on his face.

It was silent for a moment.

"W-why did you do that?" The young blonde questioned.
Sasuke breathed out a breath.

"Because you were in trouble" Sasuke said before kicking his feet up, allowing the momentum to move him. Naruto got up and started to walk away.

"Hey where are you going?" The uchiha asked as he stood up as well.

"U-uh I thought I would just go home..." the blonde said.

"Oh, geuss I should go home as well, my mom would be waiting for me."

Naruto nodded and walked away. A hand grabbed his, causing him to stop. Naruto looked back at the raven haired boy.

"Will..will I see you tomorrow?" He asked.
Naruto nodded.
"At the academy"
The boys parted and made their way to their individual homes for the nights.

Naruto sat on his couch thinking about what happened today. He was Sasuke Uchiha, one of the highest and most powerful family, why would he help him?

He laid down and slept, ready for the academy the next day.

The next day Naruto sat on the swing outside waiting on the Uchiha. A few minutes later, the uchiha showed up.
Naruto got up and ran towards him.
"Sasuke!" He yelled a smile on his face.
"Hey Naru" Sasuke called a grin on his face.

A bell rang alerting the children to come inside for class. Naruto and Sasuke walked into the room and sat down next to one another. They talked back and forth for most of the class time and before they knew it, it was lunch time.

"What do you want for lunch Naruto?" Sasuke asked the blonde. Naruto shrugged his sholders.

"I don't really care" Naruto said not knowing what he could have.

"Here, lets go get some ramen, yeah?" Sasuke said and dragged the blonde to the closest ramen stand.

Naruto slurped down a few bowls before leaning back. He watched Sasuke eat his meal, and turned back to the shop keeper. His eyes were full of hate as he watched the young blonde, but looked away after he saw that Naruto was staring at him.

As soon as he saw had finished his meal, and paid, he grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the stand.

"Are you alright?" Sasuke asked the blonde, his face full of concern.

"Yeah, I just wanted to get back to the academy on time."

"Hn, alright then"

They arrived at the academy a while later and too their seats and began to chatter once more.

"So you got any brothers or sisters?" The blonde asked and the uchiha nodded his head in confirmation.

"Yeah, I got a big brother. His name is Itachi, but he's gone a lot of the time, so I don't get to see him just a whole lot. What about you?" He asked and Naruto shook his head.

"I don't really got nobody-my parents, they uh, well I don't really know what happened to them, except they aren't around."

Naruto lowered his head as Sasuke looked at him.

"I'm sorry Naru, I shouldn't have brought it up" the Uchiha said his voice sorrowful. Naruto shook his head.
"No Sasuke, your ok, its fine!" He said and grinned widely. The next bell tolled, showing that the lunch period was over and to now get back to class.

The students began to file out of the building later that evening, being picked up by their family members. Naruto and Sasuke however walked off on their own. They walked into the market and bought some dango and a fresh tomato and walked back towards the uchiha compound.

As they approached it Naruto became worried.

"Hey Sasuke?" Naruto asked and grabbed him by the sleeve making him stop short.
"Yeah?"
"Will they let me in?"
"As long as you stay around me, you will be fine" Sasuke assured.
Naruto nodded and they both walked into the compound and down to the lake.

They sat on the small pier that jutted out over the water and watched the sun go down, until Naruto suddenly jumped up.

"Crap, Sasuke I gotta get home before it gets dark"
"Why?"
"Well not a whole lot of people like me and as such, I try to stay away from them so I don't...." Naruto trailed off.

"So you don't what?"
"So I don't get hurt or nothing" Naruto murmured.

"Well come on I'll walk you home" Sasuke said and stood up.
Naruto started to wave his hands in front of himself.

"No no you don't have to do that for me, I'll be just fine" Naruto said, but Sasuke shook his head.

"Come on Naru, just how many things could go wrong with me walking you home?" The uchiha said and smirked.

"Alright then"