10

"Sasuke, wake up. Mom made pancakes" a voice said tunneling Sasuke in to an awakened state.

"Its Saturday already?" He mumbled as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Yes it is. And guess what? I'm also off of my Anbu missions, so we can hang out today. What do you think about that?" Sasuke opened his eyes to see his older brother sporting a closed eye smile.

"Yeah that would be awesome!" Sasuke said entusasticly. Itachi ruffled his hair and walked out of the room.

"Better hurry before I eat all the pancakes" he called over his shoulder, causing Sasuke to smile brightly.

After breakfast the two boys spent the day playing tag, Itachi showed off some of his skills he had picked up in the ANBU, and chattering about nothing. Itachi, carrying Sasuke on his back, made his way into a small shop, mainly known for their Dango and green tea.

As Itachi sat his younger brother down and ordered some dango, Sasuke made a face.

"How can you eat that stuff? Its too sweet!" Sasuke complained as they sat at one of the tables.

"Its good" Itachi said and shrugged and finished the small order.
"Come on lets go get you a few choice tomatoes ok?" Itachi asked and led them towards the market.

They left, Sasuke happily munching on a tomato, when Itachi grabbed him by his shoulders.

"Sasuke you need to wake up! WAKE UP!" Itachi yelled and pushed him towards the ground.

Sasuke's eyes fluttered open, expecting the harsh contact of the ground. Instead he was already there, with a sharp burning pain in his shoulder, Itachi squatted down beside him.

"Good your awake. We need to get you back to the village" he commented and started to pick him up.

"But...what about...Naruto?" He panted not ready to quit on his blonde.

"Sasuke, I realize that you are concerned with his well being, but If you don't look after your own personal health, what good are you to him?" Itachi asked.

"What even happened?" Sasuke asked waving off his brother. He stood and looked at Itachi awaiting an answer.

"You know the three sannin right?" Sasuke nodded.
"Well one of them went rouge. His name is orochimaru and he has been known to do some questionable experiments to try and stave off death. He had set his eyes on the uchiha and with us here, he couldn't resist"

Sasuke nodded and tried to walk. He hissed as his step jolted his shoulder. Itachi was there in the next moment, ready to keep him upright. Sasuke only waved him off once more.

"I got it, just stings a little bit" Sasuke said and rolled his shoulder, gritting his teeth against the pain.
"Alright lets go" he said and headed onwards.

A poof sounded through the room and Naruto stood beside a piece of wood, smirking broadly.
Tobi's face had gone pale, as he thought he just killed his new friend.

"Are you alright man?" Naruto questioned, moving towards him. Tobi shook his head.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. All good" he called and walked off to get a drink of water. Honestly, he wasn't ok. He still thought about that day, that day his lover died.

Years of annoyance and pretend hate was what started their relationship. Stolen kisses from one another before missions and training, longing glances between the two. In a different life he was known by another name. In a different life, he had loved his teammate. He was know as Obito Uchiha, and he was in love with Kakashi Hatake.

They had spent a few years together, countless hours cuddled up against one another, hating when missions called them apart. Many saw them in different lights.

He was the happy go lucky guy, always smiling and boasting. Kakashi was the silent brooding fellow, who only cared about your worth as a shinobi, and not as a person. But when they were together, away from the peering eyes of society, they were loving, caring and sassy.

One day they had been called out on a mission, one that required the two of them only. Kakashi had recently been turned into a jonin, Obitio a chunnin.

They were to receive a scroll from the land of waves. On their way back they were ambushed. Both took heavy hits, but one, one got past Kakashi's garud and plunged into his stomach, blood rushing out as the enemy pulled the blade out. Obito saw red.

He finished off the enemy, and covered in blood, dragged himself to Kakashi who now lay dying on the ground of unfamiliar territory.

"Go home Obito" Kakashi pleaded, his words coated with longing.
"My only regret is that we didn't have more time together in this life. I will find you in the next, and we will have that time" Kakashi said as his eyes closed.
"Go home"

Obito mourned him for years. Years after he defected from the village, still mourned as he slowly became Tobi. Mourned as he taught his new friend.

A/N: so the next chapter has introduced a new couple, tragically torn apart by death. Ah, love. Anyways the next chapter will be on its way shortly. Have fun reading!