22

Kakashi pov

I sat in my jail cell keeping my head down. I had asked to talk to the hokage but Danzo insisted he was far too busy for a traitor like me. That was over 3 days ago now. I rubbed my face and looked over the room again. There was a simple sleeping mat with a wash bastion and a toilet, and everything was white washed. My food tray was picked at, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat a full meal. With a strained sigh, I stood and limbered up by doing some basic stretching exercises.  I was just about to sit back down when a gruff voice decided to speak.

"You will see the hokage in a few hours. He will grant you a trial" the voice spoke as a lone hooded figure moved in the shadows.

"Alright" I replied simply and the figure nodded before moving away to wherever they had appeared.
"Well, at least I get my trial" I say and let out a low chuckle.

Naruto's pov 

The last day I stayed mostly in bed as I healed from my wounds. Tobi and Sasuke bickered like old people and they nearly fought several times until I was able to calm them down. I sat up in the bed and winced as my shoulder ached a bit. Instantly, they were both surrounding me, asking if I was OK, stating  that I should rest more. I merely shook them off and stood slowly.
“If i do not get out of this bed for just a few minutes, then I am going to go insane” I said with a humorless laugh as I pushed past them and towards the door. After heaving it open i breathed in a deep breath as a light patter of rain began. Turning my face upward, I begin a soft tuneless hum. Low whispers sounded in the background but I ignored them. They wanted me back in bed to rest but I found myself restless. Something was amiss but I couldnt pinpoint it. After a moment more of letting the water run down my face and nealy soaking my clothes, I turned and walked back into the house.

Sasuke tched at me as he took in my appearance and immediately went to look for dry clothes.
"I will not be losing you to a comman cold blondie, not after what just happened " his voice was a growl, but I knew it wasn't anger just …personality. 
Tobi hummed his approval to what Sasuke said and looked me over.

"If I was to…go tend to an important matter…would you two be capable of not killing yourselves?" Tobi asked as he tilted his head a bit as he looked more at me directly,  his face serious as he waited for an answer. 
I put a hand over my heart and gasped.

"Tobi, you wound me. It was one time-" with a glare he silenced my mock and I gulped.
"Once recently " I amended as a small smile stayed on my face.
"Yes, I'm sure. If you need to, put seals on this place" I sighed as he looked very serious about doing the very thing I suggested. 
"Just…just go" I said as I waved him on, a bubble of warmth heating my chest at the affection that came from him.

"Fine, fine. I'll be back just…stay" he said and stared at me before he walked out the door and into the downpour.
Sasuke walked back 8n with some dry clothes and snorted.
"I seriously think he needs to take that stick out of his ass" he said as he turned towards me, watching me expectantly. 

"So the kettle meets the pot" I snicker as I began to slowly disrobe.
"He's just trying to look out for me is all. I think I became like his son, or at least the equivalent of a house plant" I mumble as I pull the shirt over my head cringing a bit at the pain the movement elicts.

"Well either way, it's not like I'm not here with you. If someone trys to take you again…" his hands were fisted into the clothes as he looked down at the floor.
"Well, I don't know they would make it out alive" he mumbled darkly and I sighed, dropping my damp shirt to the ground before moving forward to side my arms around him in an embrace. 

"I'm here. You got to me in time. I'm ok" I said, my lips grazing his ear.
"You're my big bad emo duck, and no one is going to take me again."
His lips curved up into a half smile, and I chuckled as I leaned in and kissed him, soft and slowly as if to reassure him I was here.

"You make everything so much better, dobe," he said as he pulled me closer by my waist.
"I'm so glad you're back"

"Me too, Sasuke,  me too