7

The next few hours I got up and got ready for training. I placed my cast on after I got dressed and thought up a reasonable excuse to tell Sasuke. Something scared me and I fell off my balcony. I thought it was pretty believable.

"Naruto what happened?!" Sasuke questioned as I arived at our meeting place. I scratcged at the back of my neck with my good hand and chuckled.

"Well...you see last night I was going into my apartment when something flew out of no where and scared the living daylights out of me. I stumbled backwards and the balcony broke, the piece of crap...so yeah" I finished quite pleased with myself for the explanation.

"Hn, you have to be more careful Naru, you could get seriously hurt one of these days" he huffed and I let out a silent sigh of relief. He bought the excuse. Sakura showed up a short time later and stood a short distance off, not sure how to act since the other day.

Kakashi showed up a short time later and the genin set into some warm ups to begin their training. Some simple stretches, and they were off taking two laps around the village. Naruto was slower and walked most of the way, Sasuke right next to him.

Sakura stayed ahead, not quite ready to be around them. Kakashi brought up the rear to make sure his students didn't slack off. When going past the market on their run, Naruto got some looks like he always did walking through a public place, however what they didn't anticipate was the Uchiha who stood next to him to glare right back with the famous Uchiha glare. They flinched and looked down.

When they had finished they went on a d rank mission and cleaned up a near by park. Naruto almost fell down the waterfall if It hadn't been for Sasuke's speed.

"I swear one of these days if your not careful you will kill yourself" Sasuke said as he shook his head, raining droplets of water onto his boyfriend. Naruto chuckled.

"Yeah I guess your right" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

Kakashi took them for lunch at a ramen shop and let them go home for the day.

"Lets go down to the peir" Sasuke suggested and Naruto nodded in agreement. They walked down side by side, not yet quite brave enough to hold hands around the compound yet.

They sat at the edge, dipping their feet in the lake. The sun was in the middle of the sky now.

"Its hot" Naruto commented and Sasuke smirked and shoved the blonde into the lake. He went under the surface and came up a moment later, a look of surprise plastered on his face.

"Not so hot now right?" Sasuke commented and laughed as the blonde treaded water. He swam up and grabbed the Uchiha's legs and pulled him into the water.

"Yeah now its not" the blonde chuckled once Sasuke had emerged from the water.

After awhile of the two playing and splashing around in the water, it was time for the boys to go home.

"You sure about walking home alone?" Sasuke asked for the fifth time.

"Yes I'll be fine, now go" Naruto said and made a shooing motion with his hands. Sasuke started to walk away, his hands up as a sign of surrender.

"I'll see you tomorrow" Sasuke called and jogged off.

Naruto smiled at his boyfriend antics. Boyfriend. It felt so weird to call him that, but it also gave him a sense of pride, of being wanted. He made his way through the streets, dodging the worst alley ways, and made it to his apartment. Opening the door he sighed as his eyes was instinctively attracted to the spray painted words that the drunk men had place on his wall.

He would have to get some cleaning supplies for it later. Naruto made his way into the Kitchen, ready to eat and unwind before he went to bed. He looked in his cabinets. Nothing. He would have to go out he guessed.

He walked down the street thinking of which ramen bowl he would get, when everything went dark and he felt nothing.

Sasuke walked into his house, sliding off his sandals placing them next to his fathers, and went to his room to change. He smiled as he thought about his boyfriend. He needed to tell his parents sooner or later, but how could he break the news?

"Sasuke your late!" His mother chastises as she walked around the corner.

"Sorry mom, I was out with a friend" he supplied as he stood in front of his door, now in clean clothes.

"Alright, just go wash up for dinner" she huffed before walking away. He walked to the bathroom he shared with Itachi and ran cool water over his hands. He wouldn't tell them now, but perhaps work his way up to it.

He walked into the dining room and sat down at his favored spot. His father grunted a greeting and continued on reading his paper.

"Mom is Itachi coming home tonight?" He questioned and fiddled with the placemat as he awaited her answer. A sigh sounded from her and as she turned to him, food in hand, she smiled.

"Sasuke, you know he's not going to be here, he has ANBU patrol around the village tonight" she said and placed bowls of curry in font of him and his father. Sasuke shifted in his seat.

"Sorry mom, I forgot" he mumbled before he began to eat. Suddenly the front door slammed open, and a frantic Itachi stumbled in, his face pale. He looked directly at his little brother, worry and fear evident in his gaze.

"Itachi, whats wrong?" Sasukes mother asked.

"Naruto is gone" he said and Sasuke's eyes widen. He stood up forcefully, anger burning through him.

"When, where?" He questioned, his voice forceful.

"About a half hour ago when he was walking down the street. All ANBU are told to keep a close eye out for him."

"I want to help, no I need to help!" Sasuke cried and went to go pull on his shoes.

"No" came the reply of both Itachi and his mother.