17

Sasuke nodded at the Hokage as he droned on about the danger of this mission, how Naruto could have been brainwashed to do things he wouldn't normally do. How he could have been injured somehow in the whie he had been gone. There was even a choked up moment where the old hokage had thought the blonde might be dead, but that one was quickly shot down.  Sasuke was to give an update every two weeks he was gone by any means possible. Naruto was to be brought back alive, but nothing was said about him being unharmed. Sasuke growled a bit at that but stopped when the Hokage stopped talking.

"Please bring him back Sasuke, he  is like a grandson to me" sasuke had to bite his lip from verbally attacking the man.

"I will do all I can sir" he bit out before turning on his heel and leaving the room. After he got control on his breathing he shook his head. "Yeah, grandson" he spat as he stormed from the building to get everything he needed to leave the village.

Naruto laid in the sun, sighing contently as the sun warmed his face. He heard footsteps approaching and he smiled and sat up.
"Man that was fast" he said and looked over to look at his boyfriend. Only it wasn't him and unable to get his feet under him in time was knocked out with a sharp blow to the back of his neck.

"Kakashi?"

"Obito?"

For several years they had mourned one another, thinking the other dead and yet... here they were both here, well and healthy for the most part. They hesitly walked towards one another as if afraid of one sudden movement would make the other disappear.
A breath away from touching the other now, staring at one another.

"Kashi I thought-" and suddenly he was cut off by the silver haired male pressing his lips against Obitos in a heart pounding kiss between the two of them. Once he pulled away from Obito, kaashi looked at him eyes watering as he nodded his head

"I know me too" he whispered almost as if he didn't wish the words to be uttered in case it caused a jinx on themselves.
Kakashi looked him over and sighed softly as he looked at the male, and smiled.
"I'm so sorry" he said and shook his head and obito grabbed onto his cheeks and looked into his eyes.

"No, I shouldn't have left, either times" he said and sighed as he leaned his head against the others chest, tears welled  in his eyes.

"I told you to leave, I didn't think I'd make it" he mumbled and crossed his arms tightly across Obito's back as he held him back. "Did you come here often?" Kakashi asked and looked to the rock. His name had almost made it on there, had almost died. He saw Obitos up there and came almost every other day to mourn the loss of him never forgiving himself for not being there for him to save him.

"Kashi I deserted. Most think i was lost to a mission, but I couldn't... everything just kept reminding me of you. Even if I hadn't, i'm not sure i could have continued to come here." he said softly as he pulled away slightly to look at the males face, supposing to find a disappointed face, ne perhaps covered in anger or pain to find that he had to left of his own free will, that he hadn't been forced away by some enemy, forced to stay away, but instead he found one of longing and understanding.

"There are times when I train in a certain place, or walk through the market where you used to drag me when we had a spare hour that I would get so choked up that I have to leave before I throw up my food. I had half a mind to become a hermit or take Anbu missions to where I could disappear and not have to be reminded of you. But I didn't and I was coping and... now.... Your back..." he said, his voice breaking on the last few words as tears flowed from his eyes as he looked at Obito before he shook his head and laughed a bit. "You can come now, you can come back to me"he mumbled as he brought Obito in for a hug. Obito took in a shaky breath and pushed him back a bit as he looked him in his eyes, and shook his head.

"Kashi.... I don't know if....I can't come back" he said and looked down, taking in shaky gulps of air as his hands fisted at his side.

A/N: ok guys so another slightly shorter chapter that of course ends on a cliffhanger! But it keeps the suspense alive I suppose. Wow 12k reads... I never thought I would get this far up honestly and I could have never had done it if I didn't have all my amazing readers here for me! Thanks for all the reads, the votes, the comments that absolutely make me laugh, make me cry. I am trying to get on some kinda updating schedule guys i promise! But it's not going as well as you can probably tell. Thank you all once more and i really love everything guys!