16

Naruto had shown back up at the hideout, a wide grin on his face as he walked in. Tobi sat on a nearby seat and shook his head as he looked up at him.

"You're late" he stated, a bit of sternness to his tone. Naruto laughed a bit and rubbed the back of his head.

"Sorry about that we got kinda...carried away" he said and blushed before shaking his head as if to stop thinking about last night.

"Well come on, back to training runt" he said with a small smile before he shook his head.

"Kakashi slow down!" Obito called but the silver haired male just laughed and continued to run through the forest, dodging Obito with ease. Finally he paused and leaned against a tree, out of sight. When the uchiha ran by kakashi snickered and pushed off the tree and chased him and grabbed him by the back of the shirt, spinning him round before kissing him gently. Obito gasped into the kiss but soon followed lead and kissed him back a smile growing on his face.

Tobi panted as he looked at the blonde who was jumping excitedly after the hit he had just landed

"Getting a bit slow there Tobi huh?" Naruto mocked and rolled his head, cracking it a bit before he shook out.

"Shut up runt" Tobi called back and charged at him once more and knocked Naruto's legs out from him causing the blonde to hit the ground, the breath knocked out of him. "Alright that's enough for today" he said and laughed as he headed towards his own room, his breathing heavier than what it had been even during practice. Why was he thinking of Kakashi? Why now? He was long dead. He still had dreams yeah but to be distracted while he was training... what would happen if it was a real battle? His hands tangled in his hair as he sat down trying to calm down his breathing. After a few deep breathes he calmed down. Shaking it off he walked out of his room and outside to get some fresh air before deciding to go to a place he hadn't visited in awhile.

Kakshi sat in his apartment and sighed. It was their off day and Kakashi was debating on taking another nap,after all he had been woken up with a bad nightmare about his old lover and team mate Obito. He sighed and decided he very well couldn't do that so he got up and got dressed. He looked in the fridge to look for breakfast but when he found it mostly empty he sighed again. Looks like he would have to go shopping today. Once everything was settled he walked out and down to the market in town.

He had finished up his shopping, haven gotten small gifts from some of the women in town and he sighed as he put them all away. Its not like he asked for them, not like he encouraged them, but they continued to give the small gifts of food or flowers relentlessly. He took one of the flowers he had received and walked down towards the M.I.A statue and sat it down almost in offering as he did at least weekly. He looked to the sky and smiled as a tear rolled down his face.

"I'm sorry Obito, I failed you" he whispered and shook his head.

Overcome by the grief of losing his lover, he hadn't noticed the mist ninja that surrounded him and Rin, Hadn't noticed the power that Rin held, unable to control it. The ambush began and caught off guard he created his chidori, ready to take down anyone, ready to fight. And that's when Rin stepped into his path. That's when he felt the warm blood of his comrade flow down his arms. That's when he watched as another person close to him died, the light fading from her eyes.

Kakashi's shoulders shook as his memory of those few days violently replayed in his mind, leaving him in utter pain. He was unable to look up even as someone approached him, slow and heavy footsteps that sounded almost hesitant as they got closer.

"Kashi?" someone asked softly as if they too were choked by tears. In that instant Kakashi whirled around, tears falling from his eye, as he beheld the male in front of him.

"Obito?

A/N: hey guys so another chapter yeah? I need to get on a good update schedule but....we will see. So in the past few weeks my views on this book have skyrocketed to 11k reads! That's huge for me and I didn't think i would ever and i do mean ever get this far. I appreciate every single one of you but there was one who really stood out, with voting and comments, most got flagged but I had a good laugh at them, with most if not all parts in this story. I wanna give a huge shout out to @drea_senpai thanks for all the love on this like its astonishing. Anyways i'll be starting on the next one here soon and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter. See ya!