Chapter 49

I wake up next to Amaya, Kayla and, Luna on the L couch. Other people are sleeping on the floor and don't seem to move. I know TJ has passed out in one of the rooms upstairs with the chick he had been flirting and dancing all night. This is my last memory of TJ, seeing him taking the girl by the hand and taking her upstairs. My head is spinning from Aaron's drink, and for a moment, I want to throw up. Should I go upstairs and wake up TJ saying it is time to go home? It is eight-thirty in the morning with the big frat house a mess. There are plastic cups and garbage everywhere. The sink is full of plastic plates and leftover cake. 

"TJ?" II call him when I make my way upstairs. The house is huge, so I am not sure what bedroom he is in. I'd heard the house has more the twenty guys living in. The carpet is disgusted with wine spills and some food. I walk past the marijuana room, but the smell has been gone already. 

"TJ," I open the first door. 

"What the fuck?" I hear a girl screaming when she sees me coming inside. Through her blonde hair over the comforter, I recognize Meggie right away. Mike is sleeping next to her.

"Freak," I hear her shout.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." I close the door immediately while continuing my search for TJ. Another door opens before my hands touch the handle. I recognize the dark eyes. His dark deep eyes. He rubs his eyes as he looks at me. 

 "Have you seen TJ?" I feel my impatience boiling inside of me, and I know I can explode at any time.

"Yes, he is sleeping in the last bedroom. Are you sure you're going there? You should give him privacy."

"I need to go home," I snap at him.

He seems to ignore my words, "Let the guy have some fun. The girl is into him for a while."

"I came with him. In this case, I am walking home."

Denver looks surprised, "From here? It is like ten miles."

"I can handle it." I know that I am perfectly capable of walking ten miles in a normal situation, but now my head is spinning.

"Why don't you stay longer? Tomorrow is Labor Day, and people will cook some BBQ."

"Are you telling me the party will keep going?"

 "Of course, at least until tomorrow."

"Have you seen the mess downstairs?"

"We'll clean up. I didn't know you had OCD."

I roll my eyes with the thought of me having OCD. "Are you a party animal, aren't you?" The question comes out of my mouth. 

"I never told you I wasn't. But this doesn't mean I'm not ready to settle down with someone special."

"Cassidy?" I hear TJ's voice through one of the doors. "Is that you?" I hear the door opening at the end of the hallway and TJ's shadow. 

"Can we go home, please?" I ask him impatiently.

TJ gets out of the room shirtless while looking at Denver and me. His tone is calm, "Of course, Cassidy. You were the one who didn't want to go back home last night. I called you about three times. You laid on that couch downstairs and begged me to stay."

Denver looks at me with a smirk. The memory of me drunk and almost passed out last night on the couch comes fresh inside my mind. What else did I do?

"Hold on. I'll get my shirt." He smiles before disappearing back into the room. 

"You're probably wondering what else you did." Denver looks at me, and I feel his warm breath hitting my skin. Now I start to remember. After a few drinks, I'd pushed Denver against the fridge and kissed him in full force. How could I have something like that?