² SURPRISING FRIENDSHIPS

━゙┆CH ii. SURPRISING FRIENDSHIPS.

ꜜ¡ warning/s none ¡ꜜ

TRUDGING DOWN THE stoned path, Y/n slipped out a yawn, eyes half-lidded as she failed to cloak the remaining tiredness still apparent; after not having attained any peaceful hours of Z's the night prior due to the piles of revision she had been engrossed in.

She could only hope the hard work paid off.

Today she were to sit a practice exam for English; fortunately she enjoyed the subject even though her mother expected no grade less than a 'B'.

If she flunked — well, you knew who to blame if she vanished.

Focusing her sight on the plain trainers she had slipped on today, she remained silent. One small purpose of her timid amble down the path was to regain control of her flailing nerves, not yet ready to settle.

"BOO!"

"WHAT THE—!"

Y/n's lips parted whilst her eyes widened from shock. Quickly, her expression contorted into an unimpressed flat-lined frown upon registering who sneered before her.

"Y/n!" Oikawa grinned, flashing his pearly rows of teeth she restrained from bashing.

The tired girl sighed, playfully punching his arm as he giggled, continuously replaying the reaction he successfully pulled out of her within his head.

"What do you want?" She asked as he joined her and strode beside her in sync.

"That's how you greet me?" He playfully pouted and Y/n huffed with an arched brow when turning to face him whilst they walked past the fairly lit streets.

"Seriously Y/n, you seem moodier than usual. " the brunette pointed out and she simply nodded in agreement. Her lack of sleep truly took a toll on her. Oikawa regularly sprouted nonsense she disagreed with, a constant routine followed just to tease him, however she couldn't deny the honesty beneath his observation today.

"That's because you're with me and not Iwa. " she joked but quickly returned to her emotionless daze. "Okay, I'm just messing. I stayed up late — " .

"Doing what?" He suddenly queried, launching a cheeky grin upon his pristine face whilst she scoffed, turning away with flushed cheeks when unable to erase his suggestive smirk.

Last night she took a miniature break to please herself. Not only once, but thrice. It sounded overboard but she couldn't help herself. That bubbling rush of temporary desire to orgasm portrayed a greedy tsunami prepared to replace her regular bloodstream with buzzing adrenaline.

Thus the sole reason she forced herself to stay up those extra hours was to catch up with the few hours she threw to "waste" .

"Don't interrupt me. " She shoved her stare once again down to the ground. "Anyways, I was studying for my English test today, " she finished explaining and Oikawa nodded in understanding.

"I wouldn't expect any less from you, " He cheerfully smiled. Unconsciously, he stomped on her laces neatly looped on her left foot and untied the stiff knot, resulting in Y/n's eyes quickly injecting with fury.

"Oikawa. . . " She warned before a deep inhale swept across her lungs. The male student jumped back with his arms blocked in front of him, a lame excuse of a shield upon noting his committed mistake.

"I'm sorry! " .

Y/n waved her hand in dismissal. The corners of her lips tugged up as the friends were soon to be passing a few bakeries.

"You're lucky I like you. " she hummed and he chuckled leading her into a small bakery the two enjoyed purchasing warm, tasty, pastries from in the brisk of early mornings.

"Do you want your usual?" Y/n asked towards Oikawa who aimlessly scrolled through his phone. He nodded so she turned to the worker and began to place their shared order

━━━━━━

Waving a group of girls 'goodbye', Y/n leaned against a wall, grateful for the lonesome time she gathered in order to spare a few minutes for herself.

Y/n wasn't exactly considered popular, however, she was known by most. Able to spark up a conversation with anyone led to zero issues/inconveniences with those she chatted to. If her usual friends weren't present, no worries. Approaching another group was a simply a breeze as they'd expectedly welcome her to hang.

Though by many she was viewed as a social butterfly, always able to make those comfortable, snigger etc, she thought of herself as the opposite.

The y/h/c haired girl forever exchanged an unconscious scowl or pursed her lips out of sheer boredom. By first glance one wouldn't want to approach the seemingly grumpy girl. Rumours of a disinterested and unapproachable aura alternated once one was gifted an opportunity to converse with her.

Regardless, many acknowledged her and enjoyed the banter she commenced. Her constant sarcastic comments and all-rounded unbothered attitude made her likeable. It suited her.

Seeing an energetic figure approach her, she simply rose her brows as a way to greet her fellow friend.

"Hey, hey, hey!" He exclaimed and Y/n winced from his abrupt loudness. She sighed but smiled nonetheless.

The day was nearing to an end soon, the only thing left was her class exam. After that she'd be free of this (sometimes) depressing prison.

"What's up Bokuto?" She asked and pushed her bag strap further up her slouched shoulder.

"Just about to grab something to eat, " he answered, rubbing his stomach as she softly laughed and rolled her eyes.

"I gotta get going. My class will be starting soon. " she sadly dismissed him.

Bokuto nodded wishing her good luck and offered his thumbs up to serve as support.

How was Bokuto wishing Y/n luck on the test she hadn't informed him about?

"Hey Y/n." A mono-toned voice greeted and Y/n turned around, expression dulling once meeting eyes with the voice's owner.

"Hey Akaashi, ".

No more words sliced the air between the two as they proceeded making their way to sit their English test, mistakenly camouflaged with other students blurred like an un-steadied picture attempting to focus; the two future stars too hidden to pin-point.