¹⁶ NEVER HELP THE DEVIL

━゙┆CH xvi. NEVER HELP THE DEVIL.

  ꜜ¡ warning/s none ¡ꜜ

SPECKS OF ADORE flickered within Seina's love-lit eyes like fireflies cruising through the night's hefty spillage of blotchy fog.

Anyone could describe the process of a meaningless crush assumed to disappear within the span of a week or less. Half  of those 'anyones' would detail their failed attempts with scoring a date. But only Seina's heart collapsed upon learning a sly rumour travelled over hectic notebooks and into many nosy ears - not caring if it carried truth or not.

Speculation glazed people's tongues. Akaashi moved at a moderate pace, dismissive of Y/n's encouragement freshly caged inside his mind. If he wanted Seina - who his heart flipped for, silly beats out of tune when she flashed him an endearing grin - then it was best he avoid dawdling. He wasn't the only person who had her placed first on his wishlist.

Rumours eventually transformed into an official fact over the span of several weeks, days they spent together brimmed with multiplying romance.

Akaashi and Seina officially dating was an outcome of his steadiness and her keenness.

The man snagged off the market remained hush regarding how he declared his fondness towards his new girlfriend - unlike her who was past her umpteenth time of storytelling.

Understandably, giddiness infused itself with her regular joy. Her excitement too notable. Any emotion radiated off her petite frame was instantly absorbed by those around her; she was simply too easy to read.

It wasn't her fault. Humans couldn't restrain their feelings (no matter how suffocating the leash seemed), and neither could pretty girls praised by angels atop the pinochle of heaven's hierarchy. However it appeared the master himself had hesitated to give her aspects which would've played well in her favour and despite her constant prayers, he relished in the worship, rather than the answering.

Despite all of the above, she currently sat with her some of her boyfriend's friends (Bokuto, Kuroo ) who were more than welcoming, warm smiles and optimistic perspectives. Kenma also joined, mute and invested in his games like usual.

Lastly, someone who chimed in whenever she felt like it was Y/n L/n. Seina honestly admired her outspoken nature and often caught herself smiling when she watched her entertaining interactions with Oikawa, always teaming up with Iwaizumi to keep the hazel-brunette at bay.

Meanwhile Y/n hadn't formed any opinions on Akaashi's girlfriend joining their band. As long as she didn't intrude on her unmatchable friendship between the two former students of Aoba Johsai, then she held no care towards the girl opposite her.

If anything, amusement glinted within her empty pupils, observant of everyone's attitudes now that Seina was considered a friend - well their friend. Y/n carried no intentions of furthering their relationship past a school acquaintance.

More importantly, she intently witnessed the several stages of emotions Seina displayed in the span of ten seconds, expressions overly expressive and an advantageous gain for Y/n.

"You're cute." Bokuto randomly commented when randomly turning to face Y/n, who in response deeply sighed.

"Don't flirt with her when I'm right here," Kuroo glared and Y/n rolled her eyes.

She formed a 'scissor' gesture and arched a brow before threatening: "Either of you say stupid shit again and I'll give you Tanaka's trim.", to which both boys winced at. 

Amidst the males pointless squabbling that consisted of:

"She baked cakes with me!" And,

"Oh yeah? Well she fed me one, " (which was in fact a lie. To be more precise, she shoved it into Kuroo's mouth when he attempted to boop her nose with frosting);

Seina frowned.

"Tanaka's hair is just fine?" She questioned aloud, visibly clueless to the jests within this friendship.

Y/n suppressed the urge to kiss her teeth and share a snicker between the others. Instead, she opted to not be harsh and joked: "Lighten up. I think Akaashi is rubbing off on you already.".

Snapping at Seina for questioning jokes she hadn't yet adapted to would be petty. Y/n would rather be on good terms with her. After all, her boyfriend was a moaning mess in her bed once upon a time.

"It's normal that we joke about each other! It's nothing personal." Kuroo assured her with a simplistic yet destructive smile which usually had girls willing to get on their knees, Y/n would know since he had tried it on her many times (obviously unsuccessful).

Seina's "get to know everyone" session was snipped short when Akaashi strode over, hand softly settled upon her head stitched with effortless curls to announce his presence.

A genuine smile corroded his soulless stare upon reaching his angel. A smile Y/n had never witnessed influenced his mood entirely as she turned a blind eye at his arrival.

Never once had Y/n experienced this category of thrill but it riled her up, slyly slipping up the sleeves of her cotton top and taunting her heated skin beneath. Sat between lovebirds whose foundation of trust never even witnessed a glimpse of golden strokes belonging to Icarus' obsession was exhilarating.

Everyone reached a silent yet unanimous agreement to leave the duo alone and peeled away, all three boys trailing behind Y/n who bid Seina a sweet goodbye.

Before Y/n and co trudged away, the name 'Iwaizumi' randomly cascaded out Seina's innocent mouth and perked her interest. "I think her and Iwaizumi are more than friends, don't you think 'kashi?".

Y/n hummed, her deviousness instantly in gear as she carried on, a handful of jokes and contagious laughter entertaining her away.

If only Seina had kept her pondering quiet. Because if she had done so, Y/n wouldn't  have crafted a discreet plan inspired by the pure girl's frank assumptions and Akaashi wouldn't have been affected by Y/n's intentional ignoring.

It was later that day Iwaizumi's instincts sensed somebody had mentioned his name - associated with negativity or positivity beyond him.

A vibration detangled him and his paranoia apart as he fished for his phone. Once successfully retrieved from the claws of his gym bag, he was braced with a message assembled with words foreign to him.

The stringed words moulded a bracelet uncertain he should wear. He doubted the message, 99.9% positive it was wrongly sent but after a few seconds of processing these simple words, he set things straight.

Y/n ~
Come over next week so we can hang out.

Y/n ~
I feel like I haven't seen you in forever : /

It's not as if she wasn't one of his most closest friend, but she never invited anyone over (a known fact amongst everyone) so this must've been sent with an underlying motive. However her reasoning made sense. When was the last time he had sighted her at college? Additionally, he called for a change of scenery, his own bedroom a painful confinement.

Iwaizumi
I'll be there : )

' AUTHOR'S NOTE ,
This isn't even the start of the drama (I promise this is an Akaashi x reader). My first exam is in 18 days *sobs*.

Also, new Oikawa x reader 'Little salty' published, check it out <3