⁴ SUBTLE TEMPTATION

━゙┆CH iv. SUBTLE TEMPTATION.

ꜜ¡ warning/s none ¡ꜜ

SARCASTICALLY GRINNING, Y/N slumped down into the seat opposite some of her Karasuno friends: Sugawara, Daichi and Tanaka.

Karasuno was the high school she attended and funnily enough she met many of her other friends from neighbouring schools during volleyball matches.

She was no manager but she simply attended to show her support, especially for the first years who surprisingly took a liking to her. Tsukushima particularly adored her "unladylike" frame of mind.

"Y/n!" Tanaka exclaimed and the grumpy girl showed off her deep scowl making him briefly jump with a shrilling yelp.

"Yikes. . ." Sugawara frowned reaching over to pat her head which was nestled into her arms rested upon the table. She hummed slowly blinking.

"You okay Y/n?" Daichi asked with faint concern and the bothered girl sighed with a noticeable frown

She ended up nodding, raising her head a few millimetres away from her own warm embrace. "sorry guys. Today really just isn't my day".

The two mature boys shot her an understanding look knowing everybody had off days. Meanwhile her buzz-cut-friend stifled his raucous giggle and cocked his head back, leaning closer towards her with his usual crazed look.

"Y/n just smile. If you're not happy then just be happy" Y/n could only swat him away with her nose scrunched in annoyance.

"I thought your brain power increased when you got here" she snickered clapping her hands with amusement. This only earned her the view of Tanaka's gritted teeth.

He attempted to lightly slap the table which made out to be louder than intended and rung in everyone's ears

"Tanaka~" Sugawara whined clutching his ears on both sides of his head with a cute wince.

Glancing up from his planner Daichi peered back down, "Tanaka stop doing that face".

"Well it's been confirmed you haven't changed then" Y/n added but like she had already said before, she honestly was glad they hadn't changed.

About to argue back he gasped shooting up from his seat "Kiyoko!".

Tanaka enthusiastically waved, completely disregarding Y/n's playful remarks prior and instead moseyed over to the girl he had a deep infatuation with.

As their breaks finished up, her other two mates parted ways from her, wishing her to feel better which she genuinely appreciated. Y/n's low spirits lifted ever so slightly. At least she had been looking forward to something.

"And here I thought you stood me up" her smile slipped with one of her brows perfectly drawn up

"Why? Would you have preferred that?" He asked in his regular flat tone. Y/n half-shrugged.

Akaashi let his head drop for a mere second, the smirk fighting to appear tapping out once hearing the unruly laughter of his two friends. Their boisterous behaviour could never go unnoticed and a majority of the time they exuded ludic ways.

"You two. I knew you guys would be the reason" Y/n interposed herself between the pair who welcomed themselves.

"Oh don't be so mad at us Y/n~" Kuroo cooed attempting to pinch her cold cheeks. Y/n was quick to softly nudge him away with a dirty look.

"I don't like when you frown" he added noting the line separating her brows and she rolled her eyes stuffing one of her hands into her pocket whilst the other rested against her hip.

"Whatever. Don't try that again or I'll do more than simply rip your arm off" she warned with a boyish beam.

"You truly are romantic" Kuroo fawned with specs of gold glinting in his copper irises.

Akaashi scrutinised the duo teasing the other and unnoticeably narrowed his eyes.

"Let's just get going" he advised setting off before the other three who instantly trailed behind the dark figure.

━━━━━━

Built fifteen minutes away from their place of study was a fairly lit cafe. It only opened after the sixteenth hour of the day aka four o clock PM. It preferred having a dispersed amount of customers so it never transformed into a tsunami of humans.

They offered tasteful pastries to large slices of cakes that melted once placed on one's tongue. Alongside those was their medium sized range of cold drinks to hot drinks which was quite incredible for a small place.

It was currently early in the evening so the place wasn't filled too much. It was enough so that Y/n and her friends felt comfortable and could freely express themselves like the fresh young adults they were.

All four of them easily found a space to sit at, right next to the squeaky clean window meaning they could peek out from time to time.

"You never explained why you were late by the way" Y/n chuckled and the straw caught between Bokuto's taupe lips fell.

"We stayed behind. Heard a few compliments being spoken about us" Y/n pretended to choke on her latte

"About you two?" She waggled her finger between Kuroo and Bokuto who displayed shit-eating-grins, basking in the glory they handsomely received on the daily.

The loudest two of the group continued to chatter but Y/n began to feel cornered by that dense tension she felt a week ago when with Akaashi in his car. That overruling pressure remained painfully apparent.

Akaashi solely focused on the half-hearted girl he had shared forbidden nights with. His intricate gaze held too much power. It carried so many things at once and Y/n was slowly being bombarded with it all.

Shuffling around and drumming her fingers from time to time against the oak table, Akaashi knew she noticed his constant stares. That alone made her mind go into a frenzy. Did he want anything? Did he need anything? And could that possible 'anything' be her?

Wrong situation. Wrong hour. Heck, wrong day. She shouldn't be rewinding short lived sexual fantasies she experienced with him, right now out of all times. She was glued to her seat, made to carry on like normal while his sharp sight observed her relaxed form.

"Akaashi?" Bokuto asked destroying their short moment and Y/n could only continue to sip on her drink, thanking the gods above on the inside.

But what was the point if soon she would make them filled with disappointment and regret watching over her?

She looked away. That sudden desire for her and Akaashi to be tangled together and draped with her sheets increased. She shook her head, desperate for those thoughts to wilt as soon as possible.

Owlishly Akaashi blinked and nodded, pretending as if he had been paying attention— which he had, sort of.

"Yes I agree" He commented and Bokuto pumped his arm into the air, unfortunately with his drink in hand too so some of it spilled around him

"Bokuto! Next time put your drink down first" Y/n scolded wiping away at the droplets and apologetically smiling at the worker who giggled.

Her hand bumped against Akaashi's and stiffened at the sudden contact. Akaashi cleared his throat when her cold skin brushed his, shooting a small shock up his slim body.

Maybe it was just her who was thinking so lewdly. He must have been distracted too. He wasn't the best at hiding his needs and Y/n was convinced he wasn't hiding it on purpose. It was so blatantly obvious but still she had doubts.

So, the four carried on with their hang- out; laughing, talking, the usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. However, Y/n was more than happy when their time together came to an end.

She was uncertain about how much more of Akaashi's presence alone she could truly handle along with the intimate thoughts fogging her complicated mind.

' AUTHOR'S NOTE ,
I can confirm smut will happen very, very, soon. Please vote and comment and stay hydrated. Ily and ty for the support this book has already received <3