¹⁴ GO DATE ANGEL-FACE

━゙┆CH  xiv.   GO DATE ANGEL - FACE.

ꜜ¡ warning/s   there is akaashi x y/n, just be patient whilst reading ¡ꜜ

"MOTHER...THE DEVIL.".

The child's eyes glowered in curiosity. "Ah yes, the Devil.".

A simple smile rode the stinging cracks embedded into her thin lips, her hands comfortably placed in her lap and comforted by the soft silk of her nightgown adorning her porcelain complexion.

"The devil is real my child. He isn't some little man doused in red with two horns and a dangerous grin, a pointy tail to go with.".

Suddenly the bedsheet comforting the child's body from their neck and down was gripped a smidgen tighter. "What is he?".

"He can be beautiful.".

"What? Mother surely you're mistaking the likes of an Angel, no?".

She laughed, resting her palm over the serene patter of her heart, the organ almost visible through the sheer layer of her wrinkled skin.

"I would never speak a lie. I cross my heart and hope to die.".

━━━━━━

Seina's gaze snapped to the worn out photo of a woman displayed on the back of Akaashi's phone, protected by a transparent case.

"Who is that?" She pointed by tapping on the device with a timid smile. "If you don't mind me asking.".

The paired student's study sessions had commenced; this evening being their fifth one already in the span of two weeks.

Still, Seina acknowledged an awkward breeze slinked around her shoulders, almost clinging onto every single hair rooted from her body at this rate.

The library constructed not too far from college immediately eliminated any other options of study locations.

Books ranged from all types of genres, written decades ago or recently. A cosy corner decorated with mahogany desks and fabric chairs (which was definitely an upgrade compared to ones of plastic), flyers promoting old clubs and rewards appealed best to the pair and was ruled their designated area since.

Of course, sturdy shelves lined with beloved works towered over their huddled frames every time they diligently assembled numerous pages brimmed with information swooped into one ear and out the other.

Akaashi inhaled sharply at her question, and she thought she'd crossed an invisible line for a moment, however his polite smile assured her otherwise.

"This was my grandma in her mid 40's." He answered mid flick of a page.

Then, he lifted his chin by just a hair, enough to look her in the eye and enough for her to witness the instant fade of steel in his sight conducted from focus to the calm wave of relaxation.

"She's a lively soul, miraculously still alive at 75, even waltzing around as if she's still 50." He sniggered to himself, a subtle laugh but the edge loud enough to grace Seina's ears.