⁹ DARLING, LISTEN TO ME

━゙┆CH  ix.   DARLING, LISTEN TO ME.

  ꜜ¡ warning/s   may cause confusion ¡ꜜ

WHISPERS CRAWLED
EVERYWHERE.

That was what Akaashi felt as he and Y/n once again strode down a common hallway. They prepared to part ways once struck with the rowdy wind's feathered singing whilst they destroyed minuscule boulders of concrete beneath their shoes.

Fellow students passed by the duo, just like any regular day — but today, Akaashi imagined himself perched upon a marble pillar; an artistic "myth" surveying noble citizens below who passed on legendary knowledge to others, surrounding his exquisite presence.

Few pairs of blackened pupils locked with his momentarily. He questioned within his scuffled mind if they too, had watched the creative film he and his partner in debt of intoxicating sin magicked up a few nights ago. He hadn't checked yet, he would soon.

One sly glimpse to his left and a hushed tone of gossip slithered around his wrist and towed through his subtle arm hair that spiked from the jolt of pleasure he endured from the abrupt exposure.

Then, he subtly whipped his head to his right. His trickster blue hues observed a couple of guys joking around who grew muted once aware his puncturing gaze rested upon them. Their attempted whispers managed to swivel around his thigh, the fabric of his jeans tightened and uncomfortably stroked his plush skin as it proceeded it's journey.

"Akaashi. . . " a coy beckon disturbed his thoughts.

Suddenly, everything around him shifted opaque white. Innocence that once shielded him returned. Everybody and everything was blocked out, almost as if he had been plucked and abandoned inside a box, however, there was no boarder. Infinite area of white bled and stretched out far beneath his figure. The walls that presented leaflets and such were now drowned away and replaced with again, pure white.

Akaashi was unsure of what was happening. He also wasn't certain if this was real or not, riddled with conflict as he scurried through different options of what could be occurring.

"My, my, my, " softly spoke a voice comforting for him yet blood-curdling for the passed-away above.

Rich drapes of silk snugly fitted her frame that welcomed him — even though a large distance remained between them. A thoughtful smile tugged on her blessed features. His gaze latched upon her e/c one specifically.

"Listen as I satisfy you with my candour and tasteful speech, " she began with a fresh beam peaking through and continued,

"You're a beautiful tragedy. Bittersweet. " .

She then disintegrated but appeared just as rapidly as she had left. That noticeable gap decreased and her voice echoed louder.

"Do you even know what you're talking about?" The black-haired boy shot back which awarded him her dulcet chuckle as they steadily kept their eyes on each other.

"Are you doubting me?" She jokingly queried before patting away any creases embedded within her dress in a timid manner.

Akaashi remained frozen in place, morbidly fixated on the heavenly halo of light reflected on her hair.

"It's bitter for heaven's imposing audience when they witnessed your body clash into mine. Our bodies swirled into a divine arrangement of colours that have yet to debut existence within the shifting radius of the naked eye. Their acerbic comments hovered, yet faded because our devious actions of transient romance overwhelmed and appalled them dearly— " she paused when noting his clenched fists.