¹⁷ LOYAL FOLLOWER IWAIZUMI

━゙┆CH xvii. LOYAL  FOLLOWER  IWAIZUMI

ꜜ¡ warning/s   reader x iwaizumi ¡ꜜ

SPIKED BROWN HAIR, deep olive pools full of logic and a tanned complexion invented from the most lavish of paints - he could almost be mistaken for Oikawa Tooru. Except there was a major difference between the two lean males:

One constantly scored women, the other didn't.

Honesty was never an insult and Iwaizumi never considered it to be, never once experiencing insecurity throughout the ongoing duration of his and Oikawa's friendship.

Why would he consider not scoring women as insult? Because he was patiently stood upon the porch of Y/n L/n's tranquil estate, a privilege awarded to him. Unlike silly Oikawa who bagged hopeless girls who expected more dates after the first.

It was she who tugged his heart strings a tad too much - not in that way though.

Not once was there ever a grey area when deciding how he viewed Y/n. A bond between two similar beings who cared for the other, lie for the other, and most importantly; die for each other. His care for this specific girl ran far deeper than the wire of romance detached from his heart.

Could this be a potential trap? Her home a representation of an alternative destination nobody had yet to discover? Suspicions he berated himself for even considering completely vanished after the door unlocked and she ushered him in immediately, a subtle greeting pinching his ears.

Iwaizumi quite literally froze, leisurely slipping his trainers off whilst gawking at the modern interior of her cosy house with curiosity and his taupe mouth slightly agape.

Whilst the man surveyed his surrounding, Y/n witnessed his genuine reaction and simply stared unimpressed and waited unfazed.

"Oh my God, I live in a house." She sarcastically gasped, her manicured nails clasped over her widened mouth.

"Can you shut up for a second?" Iwaizumi snapped and all he got in response was her finger pointing at the front door implying he tie his laces back up and head on out.

"Alright damn I'm sorry," he jokingly huffed as she chuckled, gesturing he follow behind. "But you can't blame me, this is an important moment in history.".

They unanimously settled for the L-shaped couch, a few cushions adorning the comfy seating area.

Prior to arriving, Iwaizumi had predicted the evening before them; snacks, movies, and a few chats, mainly regarding music as they'd always offer an earbud to the other. The first two events of his prediction had occurred, a random movie fell into the trap of deaf ears as he arched a brow towards the host.

Y/n's character lacked inquisitiveness, always a step ahead without announcing she planned on leaping. A book was easy to read, especially if one obtained Iwaizumi's comprehension but Y/n simply couldn't be compared to a hardback - absolutely not. Rather she was a scripture forbidden to be grazed by mere humans undeserving of her honeyed tongue. It was her decision concerning those fortunate enough to enter her personal bubble.

"You got a staring problem?" She heard the teasing lilt in his voice but remained quiet in hopes of him remaining mute too.

Some hearts understood each other in an atmosphere stripped of sound; she hadn't uttered a word, nor had he. It almost felt wrong too. As if she were his majesty, only to speak when spoken to. So to fill the one - sided conversation, he observed.

Benevolence surfed the y/e/c lake guarding her pupils, an onyx hole with suction too powerful to part from. Her intriguing stare lured a weightless laugh that bounced past her plump lips slathered in a glow presumably from a lip oil she'd raved about in the past.